Thread: 1973 mark 2 corona manual conversion

Forum Member

Default 1973 mark 2 corona manual conversion

Hi

Just picked up a mark 2 corona and am trying to suss out my options..

Was thinking 1JZ swap but after driving the car round a bit I'm really enjoying the old M series for what it is and may aswell make the most out of its current engine.

Only problem is it's an auto so I was wondering just what exactly is involved in the conversion.

I know I probably need a w50 box. It it hard to track down mark 2 clutch pedal assembly gear or are they somewhat universal through corollas, celica ect?

Are the bell housings hard to track down ? Anything else I'm forgetting? Compatibility ect

Does anyone know any mechanics in Sydney that are familiar with the coronas? I dont really have the garage space or a hoist to attempt something like this.

Any help would be appreciated.

2sc Breaker!!!! Backyard Mechanic bmxer54's Avatar

Default Re: 1973 mark 2 corona manual conversion

not sure about clutch pedal interchangeability but if you contact flynns wreckers, they have a few mark II's may still have a manual box and pedal box in one of them, defs worth a call, also wayne will freight australia wide, if you cant find the number pm me

Cheers, Peter
    My Rides:
    1x Brown St141 corona csx. powered by a gen 2 3sge, 1x RT142 turbo 1UZ, cd009 and G series, 1x Gj Sigma Scorpion injected and turbo'd, 1x KE30 2TG, w58 and F truetrac, 1x RT104 18RG, w58 and F truetrac