Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marulan track day - Saturday 16th May 2015! - New extended track

Red face Marulan track day - Saturday 16th May 2015! - New extended track

Hi Everyone,
    Been a while since the last post we now have more track days at WP and Marulan!
    Thought we would share our next track day here, for anyone who is keen.

It's technical, It's challenging and it's some serious fun!
    Added some mods? Need some track time to test or tune?
    With the new extended track and longer straight, it's time, what are you waiting for?

Only $185.00 per car with Passenger and Second Drivers - FREE!!!!!

Where: Marulan MDTC

When: SATURDAY 16th MAY 2015

7.45 am Gates open.

8.00 am Track walk. Our Driver Coaches will take you for an informative walk of the track to share the characteristics and best lines of this test track that is, MDTC! Designed and owned by ex-V8 Supercar Driver - Gary Willmington, this track is guaranteed to thrill you whether you drive a AWD, FWD or a RWD!

8.30 am Head over to the office to sign-in and have your session allocated. Each driver will be allocated to a session on the basis of their track driving experience and vehicle type.

8.50 am Compulsory briefing for all participants covering the track rules, signals, etiquette and the itinerary for the day ahead. Yes, compulsory. If you're late, you will still have to go through the Drivers Briefing process.

9.00 am Track time commences.
    Each session typically runs for around 12-15 minutes before the next session begins. Groups are approximately 6-7 cars. Watch for your session to be called and get ready to get onto the track!

Throughout the day grab Driver Coach, Greg Boyle to ride with you and share his valuable track knowledge that will help you get the best out of your day and have the most fun in your car. Greg has many Time Trial and 'Shoot Out' wins and podiums at this track and is keen to share.

The rest of your day is filled with track time, track time, track time and a whole lot of new friends and laughs! Did I mention track time?

The Track Day Club coffee boost is also available to you from 10 - Midday. This is a great opportunity to meet others and share your car and track experiences and stories.

Bring the family, pack a picnic or have one of the best burgers from the MDTC cafe!

4.00 pm Track time ends. Time to pack up and head home and check out all the photos, GoPro footage and let everyone know what an EPIC day you had with Track Day Club!

Book now at http://www.trackdayclub.com.au/track-days/

Got a question?
    Email [email protected] or call 0438 642 622

We look forward to seeing you at the track.

Yvette and the Track Day Club team

[email protected]
    Ph: 0438 642 622
    Track days for you and your car!

http://www.trackdayclub.com.au/

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Default Re: Marulan track day - Saturday 16th May 2015! - New extended track

Whats the noise limit?
    I'm a massive tightarse when I made exhausts, mufflers are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    Whats the noise limit?
    I'm a massive tightarse when I made exhausts, mufflers are expensive.
    Hey Dnegative,

lol.. It might be time to invest in a muffler ... The decibel limit is as before at 90db ..

Cheers
    [email protected]

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

I was keen on a run at Marulan until I saw the 90Db limit, that's very restrictive considering that pre 1983 vehicles are allowed to be up to 96Db on NSW roads and pre 1984 bikes are allowed to be 100Db.

You're on a forum with many older vehicles, mate, you should be advertising these low limits to avoid disappointment when customers show up at your track with their old school beast only to be turned away...

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

the noise situation at marulan has been that way since the beginning unfortunately.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

It seems moronical to even open a race track with such a restriction - to think that this wont affect the vast majority of cars that would use the track shows a real lack of foresight! It'd be better to find a friendlier council area to build your race track in the first place...

1MZ > 2JZ Carport Converter knightrous's Avatar

From my understanding, Marulan is not a race track , but a driver training facility.
    So I don't believe anyone should be expecting to get away with running straight pipes or crap exhausts.

While MDTC stands for "Marulan Driver Training Centre", the first hit when you type "MDTC" into Google is "MDTC RACETRACK" - they advertise track days for your own cars and bikes, V8 experiences, etc...

A spade is a "spade", not a "soil relocation device".

There's not even a mention of the noise limit on the website I'm not advocating excessive exhausts, however, the ability to conduct "driver training" in a pre 1983 noise compliant vehicle seems like it would be a reasonable and probably quite profitable attribute.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

No need to give the organisers shit, let's keep it friendly. More race tracks are never a bad thing! There's always wakefield park 20 mins down the road otherwise (and in fact there is a toymods trackday at WP tomorrow)
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

I believe failing to advertise a heavily restrictive rule about what vehicles you admit to your facility is reason enough to "give the organisers shit". I'd be seriously pissed if I had shown up at MDTC only to be turned away, especially after already forking out car trailer rental, fuel, time off work, etc.

Mr-trackdayclub.com.au seems more than capable of giving a complete, yet inane, run down of the MDTC schedule but it is evidently not important to advertise a big restriction to a large part of his potential market. He only confirmed that rule upon being questioned - its surreptitious at best, and fraudulent at worst - I highly doubt they'd be willing to refund any of your booking costs if you show up with your 90+Db vehicle...

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trackdayclub.com.au View Post
    lol.. It might be time to invest in a muffler ... The decibel limit is as before at 90db ..
    So nothing has changed, doubt the car would be under 90db even with the factory 80's exhaust.
    Oh well.

/Its not their fault, blame the shit**** neighbors and the EPA

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    So nothing has changed, doubt the car would be under 90db even with the factory 80's exhaust.
    Oh well.

/Its not their fault, blame the shit**** neighbors and the EPA
    Thanks Everyone for the input.. As Dnegative said its the neighbours unfortunately!
    People move into areas knowing full well of whats around to then complain of same!

The 90db limit has always been known to all at Marulan, Mr egamirrorim, perhaps it should be noted for the future in my posts at Marulan!

With all that said, there is always Wakefield Park! We are back there on Saturday the 25th July 2015, no noise limit there so there can be no complaints from any of the haters! That day is only $245 per car, with Second Drivers $50 and Passengers $20. And we would love to see any of you there!

You can book on the website after the May event!

Cheers
    Last edited by trackdayclub.com.au; 17-04-2015 at 09:26 AM. Reason: spelling
    [email protected]

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic M.J.H's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trackdayclub.com.au View Post
    Thanks Everyone for the input.. As Dnegative said its the neighbours unfortunately!
    People move into areas knowing full well of whats around to then complain of same!

The 90db limit has always been known to all at Marulan, Mr egamirrorim, perhaps it should be noted for the future in my posts at Marulan!

Cheers
    Yeah you need to advertise the noise limit
    Would have been keen but no way my car will ever be under 90db

Looks like its Wakefield for me
    My sig has been pruned as it was over 5 lines long.

Hi Everyone,

Had a long chat with the owner of MDTC yesterday about this noise limit. In short he measures the 90 db thirty meters from the exhaust!!
    So for those that have noted decibel limits from factory being more, Mr egamirrorim, that measurement is taken from the pipe at build. Big difference thirty metres away is! .

Hotdogs are a no go, standard factory exhausts have no issue. If you were to turn up and found to be over the limit, he can quieten the exhaust, to which the majority of people have a better day as the car goes a whole lot better. if not, for the record, we would refund.

This is all about fun, and fun in your car.

Any questions, please let me know.
    [email protected]

Junior Member Conversion King

I recently ran marulan at an 86/brz day and yep the noise testing is at the corner of the building which is 30m away from the track itself, so if your car is noisy stay away from others on the straight and hopefully the combined noise shouldn't register over the limit. They are really courteous about warning you about this and giving you advice to generally not piss off their neighbours, since they want you to enjoy the day to the fullest.

Also on the exit lane keep your revs and speed to an absolute minimum as it goes MUCH closer to the meter. There is a strict 60kph exit to 20kph past the building to assist with this.
    There were a few track orientated 86's and a noisy RX8 on the day and they were fine, but yep if you have anything that's race car and is definitely not legal on the street, forget about it.

The new part of the track is INCREDIBLY fun though, makes picking lines going into the corner before it more challenging as there's a small S bend, and you get more speed on the straight.
    If your car lacks power or straight line speed but is more agile in the corners, Marulan you will find more fun than Wakefield.

$185 for two drivers is good value if they are both CAMS licensed or have MTDC licenses, especially with a driver instructor included. Their public days are $120 per driver + $40 MDTC license (or CAMS).
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT