Thread: March Official Cruise - Putty Road - Sat March 28th

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default March Official Cruise - Putty Road - Sat March 28th

This is our yearly pilgrimage up that awesome road to the north which we all know and love. This one is going to be a rinse and repeat of last year's run:

Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/616491178486571/

Route Plan: https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/H...938779!1m0!3e0

- We will meet at 10am at Harry's Cafe North Parramatta. Same place as our monthly meets so it should be fairly straightforward for everyone.
    **Please make sure you have a full tank of fuel before we depart! There is a servo right next to Harry's if you need fuel**

- From there we will leave at 10:30am and take off up Old Windsor Road up through Windsor and then on to Putty Rd

- We then follow Putty road all the way up to Broke. This is a fucking awesome road and if you haven't done putty before, then you NEED to come along. It has some nice flowing curves, big wide open roads, as well as a couple nice tight technical sections, travelling through massive national park areas well away from annoying traffic you find on the more common road like nasho/old pac etc. We will stop once or twice for a breather as this is a very long stretch of road.

- When we get to Broke we will turn south and head down Payne's Crossing Road to the Wollombi Tavern, where we will then stop for lunch. **For those who wish to join us at the tavern rather than drive putty road, we will be aiming to be there at 1pm**

- From there we continue south along Great North Road until it becomes Peats Ridge Road, we will then stop just before the Pacific Motorway, say our goodbyes, and everyone can make their way home from there.

Please Note:
    *This is a long cruise, and Putty Road is a bit remote. It would pay to fill up with fuel before we depart, because nobody is going to want to waste half a day filling a jerrycan for you from some servo 150kms away.
    * Also if you have a shitty car in danger of crapping itself, it would probably be a good idea to bring some tools/oil/water/etc with you just in case
    * Due to the distances involved I will also print out a couple of route maps for everyone so that if people get lost they know where to go.
    * Apart from that have fun! These are some fantastic roads we will be driving, and the Wollombi tavern is a really nice place to sit down and relax for some lunch too.

Hope to see you all there!

Last edited by trdee; 23-03-2015 at 09:54 AM.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

Default Re: March Official Cruise - Putty Road - Sat March 21st

Just saw this.

That's my bday weekend, apparently my wife has plans for us and the family so I'm out...

well that's lame! all is not lost however as i might be doing another one in September to coincide with the broke village fair
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Sounds awesome but I'm in Sydney a day late.

Hope it's a fun day!

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

My Bday weekend too but thats the best chance to use brownie points and get some time away.
    Should make this one, Have dinner in Manly the night before.

if too many people cant make it on the 21st i can always reschedule it for the weekend after if that suits more people?

Default Re: March Official Cruise - Putty Road - Sat March 28th

Date changed to the weekend after, March 28th! Hopefully makes it easier for more people to come along (and gives me a chance to go get a wheel alignment )

Default Re: **DATE CHANGE TO MARCH 28** March Official Cruise - Putty Road - Sat March 28th

Reminder, this is on this Saturday! I've pushed the meet time back an hour to give people plenty of time to get their votes in for the election before we depart. Hope to see you all there!

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Thumbs up Re: March Official Cruise - Putty Road - Sat March 28th

Perfect weather today and this cruise will charge my battery up. I'm in

Thanks to everyone who came along. The weather was perfect and the traffic was very light, so we had a fantastic run! I might be organising another one towards the end of the year to coincide with the classic car show in Broke, so those who missed out this time will have another opportunity Pity about your clutch giving out gold, hopefully it's an easy fix

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

Spewing I missed this!

What sort of turnout did you get?

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

only 7 cars and lost one before windsor.

yeah it was fairly quiet. seems to be hard to get people to commit to the big cruises. had a few people pull out at late notice for various reasons. hopefully the next one will be better