Thread: Passenger Door Window Alignment Issues

Forum Member

Default Passenger Door Window Alignment Issues

Hi All,

My celica has always had an issue with the window sitting in the seal properly and I was hoping someone might be able to help as far as where to go next. I have conducted the Roller update for my windows hoping this would solve the issue, alas it has not.

This is how it currently sits, it slightly overlaps the back window chrome trim and to me it should be sitting about 5mm more towards the front, this also means I have a gap at the A pillar seal.

Side on picture from rear to front, as you can see the door itself seems to be in a bit too much at the bottom, the top of the window also sticks out a bit and doesn't meet nicely inbetween in seal.

Photo of inside of the door if there is anything i should be adjusting??

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers

Dave

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: Passenger Door Window Alignment Issues

I would be looking at those 2 adjusters , they have a lock nut and a flat bit for a screw driver, and even maybe loosing the reg bolts and sliding it forward

Junior Member Grease Monkey ta22fan's Avatar

RA23? Looks very much like my TA22, and I think the doors are basically the same. From memory, you can't adjust the door window forward or backward - the lock nuts adjust the angle of the window (ie, the amount the glass leans inward. The rear quarter window is where you've got a small amount of adjustment in relation to the seal that you are having issues with (only a few mm tho). Looking at your first pic - it actually looks pretty good. Are you sure it's out of whack? The seal on my 22 is a bit different, but the door glass sits pretty close to the stainless upright - just a couple of mm of rubber showing.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

I photographed my TA22 workshop manual. Hopefully this helps.
    Unluckily keeps showing sideways.