Thread: z20 Soarer drive line vibration

Forum Member

Default z20 Soarer drive line vibration

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me out here.

So I just swapped from a W55 (blown 3rd) to a W57 gearbox. Now when driving at a constant speed I have a substantial amount of drive line vibration, at 60k or more (very noticeable at 100k). It only occurs when holding a constant speed. For example when accelerating or when torque is applied it doesn't do it and the vibration goes away. I didn't split the propeller shaft when changing from the 55 to 57, though I did when converting it from auto to manual. That said it did not have this issue with the W55 box.

One thing I did notice, is that when I slid the yoke into the W57, the yoke/front half of the propeller shaft had a bit of play (left/right and up/down) where it goes into the gearbox.

Could the issue be the bush inside the extension housing that holds the yoke to stop this movement?

If that's the case, could I swap the extension housing from the W55 (which didn't have the vibration) on to the W57?

EDIT: I may have placed this in the wrong category, if so can a mod please move this, cheers.

Thanks guys,
    Last edited by ATi_Express; 08-09-2014 at 06:32 PM.