Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MR2 Australia Trackday Challenge 2015 . 32 Entries confirmed Entry list uploaded

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default MR2 Australia Trackday Challenge 2015 . 32 Entries confirmed Entry list uploaded

The 2015 MR2 Australia Trackday Challenge will be held on the 12th-13th January. This is a Monday-Tuesday as it has been in previous years.

There will be at least one other trackday at another venue on the Wednesday-Thursday to satisfy the travellers from far and wide. Marulan is the likely venue.
    Update: Wednesday is being formulated as a 'grip and slide' day at Wakefield Park. All entrants to MTC will be eligible for a discounted rate to the this trackday.

The program will be the same format and activities as 2014 with the addition of four drift demonstration sessions on day one.

•CAMS Hillclimb
    •Clubman circuit
    •MTC Special stage
    •Full circuit time attack/ three sessions
    •Hot lap shoot out
    •Regularity
    •Passenger sessions
    •Untimed sessions and timed sessions
    •Cruise session
    •Photo shoot
    •Official weigh in for your car
    •Use of pit lane garages
    •Monday night BBQ and sleep over at the cabins overlooking the track
    •Tuesday night 'chilli burger challenge' for the madmen
    •Paul Brell providing mechanical services
    •Driver trainer

As with previous years, you can purchase a license on the day or any CAMS license will suffice. Paramedic and fire services are provided for the two days.

There is a café behind the pit area, under cover parking, access to most spots on the track, a media pass for photographers allows access to many great spots for that special shot. The top of the hill during the hillclimb is on of the best spots you will experience at Wakefield Park.

If you would like to spectate, come and meet and chat with all the drivers, check out the competition cars, join us for the photo shoot, do a track walk after 6pm, you are more than welcome to do so. On arrival, you can park your cars in the first row of open garages. There is no charge to join in the photo-shoot on the Monday afternoon around 5pm. If people who have not entered the trackday wish to join us for the bbq, you can pay $10 BYO drinks. Accommodating the entrants is priority but if there is room, we will accommodate. If not, there is great accommodation next door the track at 'Pelican Sheep station'. 70 beds available

In 2015 Two important Australian race cars will be on display. One being the MR2 SW20 driven by Juan Fangio at the Australian GP, the Bathurst 12 and 24 hour races and numerous championship rounds. The other being the most successful Celica ZZR to race in Australia. The Celica won it class in Australian Production Car Championship, the Bathurst 24 hour and the Bathurst 12 hour.
    Guests include Colin Osborne, Neil Trama (has done and won more than most could dream of), Ric Shaw (Nurburgring, Australian Champion, V8SC and just about anything else you can think of).
    Two recognised drift racers from Japan are flying into Australia for the trackday challenge. One being the SW20 Drift King ‘Sonic Boom’ Kasumasa Yakushi plus Yuuki Izumida (an ex D1 Driver)who has driven in Australia on numerous occasions. I am currently trying to organise a car for these guys to cut some laps in as well as offer some lessons in drift and grip driving.

A driver trainer is to be confirmed.
    You can visit the website for plenty of information on the two days and sign up for the newsletter.

Current Entry list:

1. Aaron K****t - MR2 AW11
    2. Rob K*** MR2 - SW20 500+hp
    3. Sharon C*****ll - MR2 SW20
    4. Peter W*** - MR2 ZZW30 2ZZ/5 speed
    5. Alex B**** - MR2 SW20 3SGTE
    6. Michael B****d - MR2 AW11 3SGE
    7. Rob C****** - MR2 AW11
    8. Rodney G****** - MR2 SW20 3SGTE
    9. Luke O**** - Corona SR20
    10. Glenn S**** - MR2 SW20 5SGTE Circuit
    11. Pat C******* - MR2 SW20 3SGTE Circuit
    12. Ashleigh S***** - AE-92
    13. Peter G**** - MR2 SW20 2GRFE Circuit
    14. Rick P**** - MR2 SW20
    15. Peter A***** - MR2 AW11
    16. Jack Y******* - 2.0 ltr Barina ITB's
    17. Derrick L***s - MR2 SW20
    18. Jon Le*** - Series 1 RX7
    19. Joseph B****t - MR2 SW20
    20. Eric M*******n - MR2 SW20
    21. Richard W*****g - MR2 AW11 3SGTE
    22. Eddie P**** - MR2 SW20
    23. Stevan J*******c - EVO
    24. Daniel C*** - EVO
    25. Alexander H***l- 1993 Supra 600hp
    26. Phil P***- Lotus Exige 240
    27. Jon D*****u- Nissan 370Z
    28. Jim D*****u- AW11 SC
    29. Brian Mc***- SW20 3SGTE
    30. Paul N***- Ford XR6 600hp
    31. Owen- Celica TA-28? SR20 circuit
    32. David M****- SW20 3SGTE highly modified

Note: This event has evolved from the MR2 Australia website and is not a club run event but open to clubs to attend. It is also NOT just for MR2's. All welcome but in strictly limited numbers.
    Last edited by B24 SW20; 10-12-2014 at 09:58 PM.
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=57986
    Hillclimb, Special stage, short circuit. long circuit. Four layouts, Five rounds over two days.
    www.ultimatetrackdaychallenge.com.au
    Winton: 1.37.4/Wakefield: 1.08.1/Eastern Creek: 1.48

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: MR2 Australia Trackday Challenge 2015 . Toyota powered and bodied cars welcome

Can anyone tell me if i could enter my car in this event I own the blue robin a RA28 toyota celica but its powered by a SR20det. I would like to still be included/put up against the MR2s but i see its mentioned a lot here they prefer them to be toyota powerede cars. Its still a toyota just a little bit of help from the cousin haha.

1MZ > 2JZ Carport Converter knightrous's Avatar

Default Re: MR2 Australia Trackday Challenge 2015 . Toyota powered and bodied cars welcome

There will be a SR20DET powered corolla competing at the next one, so you'll be fine
    My AW11 failed to make the journey from QLD for this years event, so I ended up competing in the gf's NA Imprezza

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

hmmm I need to find some motivation

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Well this is it. get the ADUB running and you wont be disappointed. This is a Great couple of days.

Default Re: MR2 Australia Trackday Challenge 2015 . Two Japanese drifters flying in for MTC.

Just an update on the progress for this Trackday Challenge. Entries are now at 30. Its shaping up for a well subscribed two day event.
    Hillclimb, Special stage, short circuit. long circuit. Four layouts, Five rounds over two days.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Default Re: MR2 Australia Trackday Challenge 2015 . Two Japanese drifters flying in for MTC.

I thought you added another day?

I have reserved the track for another day but it all depends on numbers. I will have more info in the coming days but basically I'm looking at a 'Grip and Slide day'. Entrants to the challenge can enter at a discounted rate to people looking to run for just the day. Numbers will be limited.
    This guy entered today:

Default Re: MR2 Australia Trackday Challenge 2015 . 32 Entries confirmed Entry list uploaded

Had an absolute blast at the MR2 Trackday Challenge for 2014 this week. was really worried about the weather as it was foretasted to rain for both days but you never know with goulburn!! and thank God it was good
    I was also worried about the Blue Robin as every time ive been to the track since finishing the build ive hit problems!
    Well not this year, I'm happy to report the old Celica did Toymods proud.
    Coming in 2nd place Outright & 1st place in the hot lap shoot out. Out of around a grid of 35 plus cars and some of the cars where highly modified and worth a lot more money than the Blue Robin eg, 400rwkw Ford xr6 turbo, a couple highly modified EVO's, Lotous Exige, 600hp Supra, a lot of amazing MR2s some with over 300rwkws!!! So i am so stoked with the result.
    Also the way the event has been organised is amazing, its runs over 2 days and has 5 different circuits, including hill climb, short track and full track, another ciruit that use hill climb and the circuit together, regularity, and hot lap shoot out.
    over the course of the different circuits your times get added up to get a final result. ive never done anything like this before and got to say i highly recommend it! its not only an amazing event but you meet some top blokes (& ladies) and i learnt so much too. Was also really nice to have some father son time away
    I shall be putting this event into the annual calender of must do events from now on & you should too
    Thanks again to Steve the organiser and all who where involved in getting this event going, including photographers, web and graphics people, Wakefield park officials and anyone else I've forgotten.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Default Re: MR2 Australia Trackday Challenge 2015 . 32 Entries confirmed Entry list uploaded

I drove past the track every day this week, didnt see much going on?

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

good stuff cutters. maybe one day i'll actually fucken make it
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    I drove past the track every day this week, didnt see much going on?
    You drove past Wakefield Park or EC everyday? We were at Wakefield from Saturday till Wednesday but you would need to make your way to the actual track to see what was happening.

Thanks for the great review Cutters. You certainly added some fantastic colour to the event with your car. To me, its what 'Open Class' should be for WTAC. Just enough mods to bring it to a great level of speed without going too far. After that passenger lap I was questioning my own build! Love that car of yours!

Thanks so much Steve, couldn't agree with you more I would love to enter open class in WTAC but unfortunately they have taken it so far now i can afford to compete, even another section for modified classics would be great. I didn't realise you owned & built the white and blue race spec MR2, I remember seeing photos and thinking that car is going to dominate me lol! when i saw it wasn't going to make the event i was disappointed as i would have loved to check it out in the flesh! Great work on it mate, don't know why you would question your build after being in mine, but was so glad i got to take you for a few laps, and see the joy it bought you Thanks again for everything mate, catch up soon

I ran my car at WTAC in 2010 when a open car was a true open spec car and not a major $$$ spec car with excessive wings etc. Everyone had some basic aero, decent power and everyday drivers and entry was fair. Now its simply out of the realm of what most can justify. This is a shame but a opportunity for others to create a more realistic budget event for everyday enthusiasts.
    Its something I will be managing very closely at MTC. Even the EVO's are a concern. If the black one did not break, it may have one the event so the AWD cars will be reviewed for 2016.
    In respect to my car and yours, they are similar in weight and (when its finally running) power which I find a little daunting! 260kw being released on a track is nothing like a little squirt down a drag strip or a country road. Just seems like a lot of bang but it always feels different in the drivers seat. I hope I am not overdoing the power for circuit racing or the rest of the car. When its running, it will be in the low 7's to 6's based on track conditions. It was doing 1.08.1 with 170kw/1080(ish) kg with fuel less driver. It will be 260kw/1000kg with fuel less driver in 2016.
    The corolla was a blast to drive with its very short diff ratio, great brakes, drift set up and sticky (until they let go..) Hoosier R6's. Next year, you should move to the Hoosier as they are cheap and as good (more than likely better) than the A050's. The Falcon used the Faulkan semi which is the same spec as the Hoosier. It worked very well over the weekend but he wore out his tyres! That's always a good sign everyone is getting enough track time.
    Most guys were doing 150-180km on the track over the two days. Everyone did 8 runs on the Hillclimb, 6 on the Tarmac stage not including the open pitlane/passengers runs on the Monday afternoon. I believe this was a hit for everyone who took advantage of it.
    Also sorry we didn't sort out the scales but they will be there in 2016. We will have our own setup so we do not have to bother of Wakefield Park for access to their scales.
    Will you be at the Monday night meet at Parramatta? I will be there with Aaron/Cate.