Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MR2 Australia Trackday Challenge 2015 . 32 Entries confirmed Entry list uploaded

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default Re: MR2 Australia Trackday Challenge 2015 . 32 Entries confirmed Entry list uploaded

someone should bring a TV and gopro so we can have a proper debrief at the monthly meet (looks at aaron)
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Default Re: MR2 Australia Trackday Challenge 2015 . 32 Entries confirmed Entry list uploaded

/pencils in to actually make the monthly meet on Monday
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B24 SW20 View Post
    You drove past Wakefield Park or EC everyday? We were at Wakefield from Saturday till Wednesday but you would need to make your way to the actual track to see what was happening.
    Wakefield, drove in Monday morning at like 8AM and there was nothing going on.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Yeah i have been attending WTAC every year since it started and sold my supra to get my current celica race car, took a year to get it ready for the track and when it was and i went to enter, they didn't let me compete guessing cos my times were no were near good enough, it made me want to build an insane supra, mr2 or s2000 to enter into the street class so i could be competitive. but in all honesty im really happy to just have fun with my celica nad to try imorve on my pbs each year 1.08 is flying mate you should be stoked! and to run into the 6s & 7s is amazing, i hope to get the celica there at some stage, i agree using hoosier full slicks and a bit of suspension work will help a lot. ive hit a flat 1.09 before and just dipped into 8s. so the extra power has helped there, but also makes it a lot harder to control, i ran a best of 1.10.4 on the weekend and i use to do that with just 135rwkw so i guess depends how you set the car up, the MR2s are such a great base, to have the motor mid mounted and good aerodynamic from factory... compared to a 1977 celica is awesome. but i love a challenge cant wait to see your car at the track soon mate! all good about the scales, look forward to working it out next year id say im just under the 1000kg mark. so glad you started this event up, it was such a pleasure to just have fun in the car and i think the whole field was actually really close to each other, your right if the black evo hadn't broken down, it prob would have smashed everyone!!!
    What times the meet on Monday? depends what time i finish work as i might be working a later shift next week
    what area you from steve? hopefully catch up soon

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

meet is at 7:30pm at harry's parramatta and usually goes on till about 10pm. very casual affair just rock up whenever
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

I got in just before 8.30 and was one of the last ones there . We were all in garages though not over at the carports where you may have looked?
    Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    Wakefield, drove in Monday morning at like 8AM and there was nothing going on.

Forum Member Grease Monkey

8.00am I was setting out Hillclimb and short circuit, everyone else was at sign on and setting up in the garages.
    8.40 was drivers briefing outside garage 7 till 9.00am.
    Quite bizarre you could not find anyone as all garages were full, trailers everywhere, the front open shed had cars setting up, people were warming up engines, there were constant radio announcements. I guess if you stopped by you would have not escaped!

Hopefully next year the Supra will shine as they did in 2013. Lukes car was outstanding in 2013.

Owen, I live close to Parramatta and will be at the meet around 7.30. So you ran at WTAC and they would not let you run as you were not quick enough? Sounds like a opportunity for someone..
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=57986
    Hillclimb, Special stage, short circuit. long circuit. Four layouts, Five rounds over two days.
    www.ultimatetrackdaychallenge.com.au
    Winton: 1.37.4/Wakefield: 1.08.1/Eastern Creek: 1.48

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Cutters View Post
    Yeah i have been attending WTAC every year since it started and sold my supra to get my current celica race car, took a year to get it ready for the track and when it was and i went to enter, they didn't let me compete guessing cos my times were no were near good enough, it made me want to build an insane supra, mr2 or s2000 to enter into the street class so i could be competitive. but in all honesty im really happy to just have fun with my celica nad to try imorve on my pbs each year 1.08 is flying mate you should be stoked! and to run into the 6s & 7s is amazing, i hope to get the celica there at some stage, i agree using hoosier full slicks and a bit of suspension work will help a lot. ive hit a flat 1.09 before and just dipped into 8s. so the extra power has helped there, but also makes it a lot harder to control, i ran a best of 1.10.4 on the weekend and i use to do that with just 135rwkw so i guess depends how you set the car up, the MR2s are such a great base, to have the motor mid mounted and good aerodynamic from factory... compared to a 1977 celica is awesome. but i love a challenge cant wait to see your car at the track soon mate! all good about the scales, look forward to working it out next year id say im just under the 1000kg mark. so glad you started this event up, it was such a pleasure to just have fun in the car and i think the whole field was actually really close to each other, your right if the black evo hadn't broken down, it prob would have smashed everyone!!!
    What times the meet on Monday? depends what time i finish work as i might be working a later shift next week
    what area you from steve? hopefully catch up soon
    Thanks for the call on the speed of the car. I run the 1.08 but the car was very loose with way to much rear brake to take advantage of the car. Car has been improved a lot since then. It ran a 1.48 on semi's at EC a few years back before the track change then went to Winton with 180+kw to run a 1.37 all day on Nitto's (rubbish tyre). So yes I was ok with the times but I know there is a lot more in the car once it is set up correctly.
    Here is the link to the video at Wakefield. I have a few on the youtube site.
    http://youtu.be/lhJJ6bcxbNw

I'm (currenty) based at a few minutes from Parramatta. Look forward to catching up soon. If you are interested in doing some endurance racing, we need to sit down and have a chat. I run in the Wakefield 300 every year (I should as I did revive the event, write the reg's,classes in 2007, etc) which is a event you will get a lot out of. 1 300km race is equal to 20 trackdays or time attack events.
    Last edited by B24 SW20; 16-01-2015 at 06:41 PM.
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=57986
    Hillclimb, Special stage, short circuit. long circuit. Four layouts, Five rounds over two days.
    www.ultimatetrackdaychallenge.com.au
    Winton: 1.37.4/Wakefield: 1.08.1/Eastern Creek: 1.48

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Yeah idk, looked empty. No car trailers parked up around the carports etc

Would of done a pit walk and delayed driving to fucking Bungendore lol
    Saw a few sdubs on braidwood road the next day tho