Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 30th of May!!

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Default Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 30th of May!!

Ok ok, so it's taken me a little while to get this thread up - but no compliants because you've all had plenty of notice about the date and it's about double the notice i gave you earlier in the year. That being said, i do hope to next time give myself plenty of time to organise you lot.

So anyway, we have what, about three weeks to get this list filled with paid up people.

All the usual info, cost is $200 per car, anybody who's been will attest it's awesome value for the amount of track time you get. Even if it's a busy day, you still get a heap of laps, particularly if you time your sessions well.

We run a limited number of cars so you pay per car and can cycle as many drivers through one car as you like, it's open track all day with a limit of 12 on circuit and a one in one out basis, so you can go out when you want. I have the usual 15 spots reserved for Toymodders but can usually find a few more if i need them.

All the usual info, Thursday and Friday nights at the Pelican station next to the track (or in town if numbers are low and we leave it to the last minute), bring CAMS or valid driver's licence, helmet, neck/wrist/ankle length clothing and beverages if staying (accom is about $40/night depending on numbers).

No official timing means cheaper insurance (and therefore track time) and passengers are allowed for 'driver training purposes', but feel free to organise your own timing gear.

So, when you commit to coming, i will PM bank details to transfer to (incl for accomodation to book spots) - oh and important point for the regulars out there, as of the beginning of the year i have a new mobile number and new banking details, so if you didn't come to the last day in February, you don't have the right ones. So don't transfer to the old details, PM me for the new ones - then when i see the coin ($200 + $40/night) i will add you to this...

CONFIRMED list;

1. Me - AE93 (which as of Friday is rego'd and mostly back assembled! Will probably get less assembled between now and the 30th though...)
    2. Mick - Evo 6
    3. Wagonist - Excel
    4. big_zop Paul - JZX81 Mark II
    5. Rob5000 - AE82
    6. Peter - AE92
    7. Schmitt - TA22
    8. (Steve - VX commodore)
    9. Tim - skyline
    10. (Phil - 280ZX)

WAIT LIST (if confirmed full);

Accommodation Thursday;

Accommodation Friday;

Brooks Rd meet;
    Last edited by -GT-; 29-05-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: List updated
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 30th of May!!

I'm in for 2 people both Thurs & Fri night. Any issues with me trying to scare my fiancee?
    May not end up getting the Excel's engine conversion finished, but at least the least engine mount will be done & I don't have to dummy fit any more.
    At the least I'll put the original engine back as this only takes a few hours.

The same new account details as last time?

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

no trackday for me once again suspension should be in the adub by the time the next one rolls around though
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Hey Garth,

I'm interested in attending this but as its my first time, can you give me a couple extra details so I can get ready for it. Vito gave me a quick rundown of the basics.

What are the main scrutineering and safety requirements? I'll be bringing my daily so its registered and in a road worth condition so just point out any extras.
    What time does the day typically run for and since I wont be coming down Thursday night.
    Anything else I might need to know

Regardless, PM me your bank details and your mob number and I'll send through the money.

Cheers, Paul

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Run what ya brung
    No scrutineering what so ever but if its spewing oil someone will tell you........ as if its 'too loud'.
    Safety is a helmet, long pants/shirt and shoes. Harness or factory seatbelt is fine

Briefing starts at 9AM? and the day ends at 4PM. You will spend most of the day either fixing or watching.

I would very much like to come to this one, all I need is tyres and the usual prep but its easily doable.

Briefing is 8am iirc.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

loves hi RPMS Backyard Mechanic

no track day for me either, good mates wedding that weekend...
    also if you check JDMST there is a track day on the monday as well.
    N/A for life...

Hi guys, to answer Paul's and anyone elses questions - the day is run as a private practice day, booked by the Manly Warringah Sporting Car Club, so it's a relaxed day with control over who attends and subsequently scruitineering, vehicle safety etc is largely up to the individual, unless something is noticed that needs to be brought to your attention. So, basically a reliable daily in good condition will be fine, key things to check are for oil/fluid leaks, brake pads/fluid in good nick (and up to track abuse), tyres/pressures ok - expect to take a significant amount of life out of your road tyres and brakes.

Safety - good condition seat belts as a minimum, an extinguisher mounted within reach is a sensible addition too but not required. There are extinguishers in the marshall huts around the track. Safety gear is an approved helmet, and long pants and sleeves and closed shoes as a minimum.

Track is open from 9am to 4pm on the day, there's no sessions, no stop for lunch, only breaks are when the recovery vehicle needs to go out so you're free to go out whenever and as often as you like. Limit is the number of cars on track at any one time so when it's busy you might need to wait a few laps for people to come in. Generally you run 6 laps and come in to give the car a break and let others out, but if there aren't people waiting in pit lane to get out you can run as long as you like.

Briefing is generally about 8:45am, or just before we open the track at 9am. Worth getting there by 8:30am to grab a pit bay, unpack, prep the car etc and get signed in at the office (licence, indemnity) before the briefing. Vito has never been there by 8am. So i've heard; can't confirm as i've never been there that early either.

You need either a CAMS licence, or a Wakefield one which you can get with a valid drivers licence and $50 (or $60?) which is valid for 12 months. Worth checking out a CAMS L2S licence if you think you might do another day or event somewhere else, basically gets you into any timed event (ie supersprint etc not race) at any circuit and is less than $100 a year.

Any other questions? You're welcome to bring gopros etc, and whatever timing device you like, but there's no official timing as it's not an event, it's a practice day.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, people with excuses like no suspension and social engagements are just soft.
    Last edited by -GT-; 07-05-2014 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Vito is weak.
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

haha sure you can hold the rear end off the ground for me then

If i remember correctly Rona came down once with no suspension or brakes in the MA61. Is he more of a man than you?

*by "no" i mean "not of acceptable function or performance" not "are not present".
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Grease Monkey

99.9% certain we'll be there with 2 cars and 2 drivers (maybe have a third driver). I've got the day off work booked and just waiting for my mate to get the OK from his work too. Keen to see how your 93 goes against our 92 GT

Hi, me and a mate race our AE82 4AGE and our AE92 4AGZE. Some pics of our cars, we have plenty on this link.
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...lafinished.jpg

GT, just transferred money for the track.
    Yes, I've booked my own room at the Alpine Heritage.

And if anyone else needs inspiration, I need to swap back over my engine & gearbox, plus get 4 tyres changed before I can make it.
    So Vito, you're soft

You still need a helmet?

I need tyres, anyone know any hookups for used semis?

Yes, please on the helmet.
    I've got some well-used semis
    I'm going to have to start looking around to see whats availabe also. About to change to my last set that I bought over 7 years ago

Where are you based?

Going to have a crack at the car tomorrow, general clean up and see what needs what.