Thread: Corona MX10/12 wiring help

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Corona MX10/12 wiring help

Hi all,

So I've got this old car that I've swapped a 7M-GE into. I'm down to just a few wires I can't figure out. As no one in the U.S. actually has one of these cars, ya'll are the best source of info.

So this is where I'm stuck. I can't figure out these wires. Anyone out there with a Corona MX10/12/13/22/23 can help?

I think these three wires plugged into the Corona alternator. This plug is over by where the alternator on the 2M was

This large white wire. I think it's one of the primary power wires. It has 12v when the key is on. Not sure what to do with it. For location reference, this wire is right next to the heavy red wire for the headlights

If you want to see my build thread, click the link below

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...hp?f=9&t=24037

Junior Member Domestic Engineer crowncustom's Avatar

Default Re: Corona MX10/12 wiring help

Ok I may be able to help as I have done this to a MX13.The first lot of wires are for the original Nippon Denso Alternator which you shouldn't need as you will have to make up another loom to run the 7M Alternator.The thick white wire is main battery power but as your car is LHD Im unsure as Im in Australia but it could be the wire for the output terminal on the alternator if its on the same side as where the original 2M alternator was.As to your starting issue go back and use the factory wiring to the starter and the new wire that you have used for the starter needs to be fed back to the factory starter wire as this also includes the start signal wire for the ECU for memory.
    Cheers Brett.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

those three alternator wires will go to an external voltage reg
    this reg will have 6 wires
    3 will goto that plug in your pic
    the other 3 will most probably be

one should be ign power
    one will be battery
    one will be charge light

extend these to the 7m alternator plug

Quote Originally Posted by crowncustom View Post
    The first lot of wires are for the original Nippon Denso Alternator which you shouldn't need as you will have to make up another loom to run the 7M Alternator.
    Great thanks

The thick white wire is main battery power but as your car is LHD Im unsure as Im in Australia but it could be the wire for the output terminal on the alternator if its on the same side as where the original 2M alternator was.
    On the other side of the car is also a heavy white wire that I hooked up to the battery as the main alternator output. Along with the 3 wire plug in the first photo, you're right, that's where the 2M alternator was. So I'm thinking the heavy white wire pictured above is the other end of that wire. Does that loop back into the alternator "sense" wire?

As to your starting issue go back and use the factory wiring to the starter and the new wire that you have used for the starter needs to be fed back to the factory starter wire as this also includes the start signal wire for the ECU for memory.
    Cheers Brett.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
    those three alternator wires will go to an external voltage reg
    this reg will have 6 wires
    3 will goto that plug in your pic
    the other 3 will most probably be

one should be ign power
    one will be battery
    one will be charge light