Thread: ms55 crown

Forum Member

Default ms55 crown

Hey people I want to put an 8 in this 55 I'm getting soon but from what I can gather a 1uz is too big (which sucks ) does anyone know anything about the other toyota 8's like the 3.4L 4VU but I cant seem to find much on it.

Cheers.

Senior Citizen Chief Engine Builder "Z" UTE's Avatar

Default Re: ms55 crown

Wikipedia is great for answering a whole heap of questions about engines and just about anything you could imagine.

If you are not a purist, an LS! engine would give the old MS55 a whole new life!
    "What man can build, man can fix!"
    MS51Crown Coupe,
    GSV40R Aurion luxo tourer. One TA22 currently receiving some TLC prior to paint One RS56 Crown ute under construction, 2 x TA22's awaiting rebuilds. Toyota Crown RS47J ute in need of serious TLC. Toyota Crown Custom Wagon MS53 daily hauler stocko!

Forum Member

Cheers mate, I've had a look on Wikipedia but only has basic information on it. I was more trying to find any personal experience with them ie, if the 3.4L is much smaller than the 4L and wether it would fit or not. I'd prefer to run a toyota motor but no biggie if I cant find one.

Senior Citizen Chief Engine Builder "Z" UTE's Avatar

Any of the older Toyota V8's will be hard to find, unless you bring in a VG40 Century halfcut from Japan, and they are not exactly easy to come by.
    "What man can build, man can fix!"
    MS51Crown Coupe,
    GSV40R Aurion luxo tourer. One TA22 currently receiving some TLC prior to paint One RS56 Crown ute under construction, 2 x TA22's awaiting rebuilds. Toyota Crown RS47J ute in need of serious TLC. Toyota Crown Custom Wagon MS53 daily hauler stocko!

Junior Member Domestic Engineer crowncustom's Avatar

Dirty words on here but any Holden or Ford V8 will do the trick.Been done heaps of times.Thinking of doing it to my MS55.Only THINKING guys.
    Cheers Brett.