Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECU pinouts for a 1990 ADM Cressida Grande please, searched and bought U.S. manuals

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default ECU pinouts for a 1990 ADM Cressida Grande please, searched and bought U.S. manuals

Hi All
    Back again after replacing the 7M HG, still planning a 2JZ-GE engine conversion into my MX83.
    I have kept an eye out at swap meets and ebay for Australian factory repair manuals but no luck and even Toyata OZ can't help. I ended up buying the 1990 Toyota Cressida Repair Manual and 1990 Cressida Wiring Manual from America.
    Anyway the wiring diagrams are different as are most of the one's I have found on the web.
    I have another MX83 engine loom stripped down ready but need the ECU pinouts (functions) for the 16, 22 and 26 pin connectors please.
    The U.S. manuals have a 26 pin but it doesn't match up to the info I have on the 2 grey and 1 white cabin plugs etc. In fact a lot of the MX83 info. I have found so far has only a 24 pin plug NOT 26?
    I removed my ECU and took off the covers hoping to find a pinout diagram label but not so.
    I went through the wiring diagram post and a load of others with no luck.
    I have attached an enlarged scan of the ECU pinouts from the U.S. manual Engine control 4 page diagram if anyone can use it?
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ujw296; 09-03-2014 at 08:51 PM.

RZN169R+2JZGTEVVTI+R151 Domestic Engineer madmont's Avatar

Default Re: ECU pinouts for a 1990 ADM Cressida Grande please, searched and bought U.S. manua

If you are looking for the functions of those plugs I posted them years ago
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/tec...to-mx83-3.html
    Here are the colours of the wires and their functions on my MX83 GRANDE loom plugs from 7MGE motor to underdash plugs
    White plug
    yellow with brown spots___________ speedo speed sensor
    brown _________________________ speedo speed sensor [make sure you earth this one]
    yellow_________________________ temp sensor
    black__________________________ tacho
    yellow/blue _____________________ oil pressure switch
    red/green [2] __________________ reverse
    green__________________________ park
    red ___________________________ neutral
    blue___________________________ drive
    light green______________________ 2
    pink __________________________ L
    Square grey plug
    small black/white _______________ AC clutch
    blue/red_______________________ FP diags
    black/red _____________________ +B diags
    red/black _____________________ 12v supply for speed sensor etc
    big black______________________ nsw
    big black/white _______________ nsw from start relay
    light green ____________________ goes to purple/white in other grey plug
    green with spots _______________ tccs diode
    green/white ___________________ stop light switch
    big black/yellow________________ power from ignition
    small black/yellow _____________ solenoid 2 in transmission to cruise control ecu
    green________________________ from airflow for circuit opening relay
    black _______________________ from temp sensor on water inlet to start injector
    Rectangular grey plug
    pink__________ _______________ TE1 diags
    brown/black __________________ earth
    pink/green__________ _________ TE2 diags
    grey________________________ VF1 diags
    purple/white__________________ goes to pink. and light green in other grey plug
    grey/green___________________ brown wire on abs sensor
    pink/blue ____________________ grey wire on abs sensor
    purple ______________________ blue wire on abs sensor
    Jealousy is a curse

Default Re: ECU pinouts for a 1990 ADM Cressida Grande please, searched and bought U.S. manua

Thanks Madmont

I already found and kept that information. I mean't to upload pics of the 3 plugs with pinout numbers and your wire colours.
    I am trying to get the correct ECU pinouts for my car so I can maybe have the ABS and cruise control etc. working later.

Thanks again
    Last edited by ujw296; 06-03-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

depending what gbox u will be using u will prob have to mod the rear of the gbox to get abs working
    u have to sort something out what what sensors u have on the back of the gbox
    the wiring is easy
    just cut the abs wiring out of the Cressida loom and wire it back into the 2j loom

Hi Dumbass
    Thanks for the reply.
    I would use whichever transmission would work best with the 2JZ engine and ECU in your opinion.
    Would it be possible to use my original extension housing and whatever else to retain the rear ABS sensor?
    Would using my original extension housing allow me to retain my tailshaft too?
    A local Toyota dealer let me compare their 1988 Cressida repair manual with my 1990 U.S. one and it had the correct ECU pinouts and wire colours to my car, yet my Compliance plate has 10/90 on it?

I had planned on using my original transmission but the local importers didn't know if I would need a different bellhousing, flex plate or torque convertor?

Appreciate your input on the conversion.
    Last edited by ujw296; 09-03-2014 at 08:45 PM.

The best transmission for the 2JZ is the one which it originally came with. If you want the ABS and cruise control to work you could do what I did, I even posted pictures. A tricky bit is the ECT pattern select switch wiring.
    Jealousy is a curse

Thanks again madmont and dumbass

It would make more sense like you say to use a 2JZ auto especially with the ECU being what controls it.
    So I studied up on the 2JZ transmission ECT system.
    I see that the 2JZ ECU uses more pins for it's auto:
    Oil
    SP2 -
    SP2 +
    OD1
    OD2
    L
    M
    MI
    KD
    TT

Where do the MX83 S1, S2 and S3 ECU solenoid wires connect to? I can't see their equivalents on the 2JZ wiring diagram. See attached images

Is the 2JZ transmission wiring and connectors part of the engine harness? If so I can rip even more wires and connectors from my spare MX83 harness

Can I change the 2JZ extension housing and output shaft etc. and use mine to keep the ABS sensor and my tailshaft?

That's it for now.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ujw296; 09-03-2014 at 08:47 PM.

If you buy a 2JZ/auto/loom/ECU package all the motor and transmission wires are in the loom to the ecu . You may have the odd earth wire to connect
    Jealousy is a curse

ive told customers in the past to make a 32 tooth round disc or reluctor wheel that bolts between the tailshaft and front of diff
    its sometimes easier to do this than stuff around with rear of gbox
    that way u have a std gbox incase it stuffs up and just lengthen the abs sensor wiring to the tailsghaft area and pull the abs sensor out of the Cressida
    gbox and mount it to side of diff to pick up the pulses on the ring

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
    ive told customers in the past to make a 32 tooth round disc or reluctor wheel that bolts between the tailshaft and front of diff
    that way u have a std gbox incase it stuffs up and just lengthen the abs sensor wiring to the tailsghaft area and pull the abs sensor out of the Cressida
    If he does that he will be unable to use the original crossmember to mount the transmission.Much easier to do what I did
    Jealousy is a curse

Hi madmont

DER! I re-read your post and worked out where the 4 slots were machined out of the rotor and it was using the MX83 housing but the 2JZ sensor needed to be used. Are the slot dimensions crucial?
    So the output shaft was still 2JZ with machined MX83 rotor fitted?
    I found where the wires S1, S2 & S3 go to the ECU, it is shown in the ECT and A/T indicator diagram of a Supra manual my mate has but not in the engine diagram I have.
    Thanks again

Slot dimensions are not important so long as you have 4
    Jealousy is a curse

Cressidaspert Carport Converter andrew_mx83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
    +rep, good idea and it will save me drilling holes in the case of the W box going into my cressida soon.

on a side note, followed some links from this page and now have many sads. RIP mrshin
    There is no substitute for PUBIC inches

Never late in an x8

Thanks again dumbass.

gone are the days of 300 dollar tailshafts
    was at a shop last week doing an ls3 into a hilux
    tailshaft was 1200 bucks all because most these new cars have big rubber donuts and crap on them
    so they had to get a shaft made with slip yoke in the middle
    but good thing is its a show car so everything ha to be perfect so money not really a problem