Thread: Require sone assistance sourcing parts for ae92 trueno.

Forum Member

Default Require sone assistance sourcing parts for ae92 trueno.

I've got an ae92 Trueno and I'm really struggling to find any information about it.

I need a vrs kit, timing belt, drive belts, engine mounts leads, coils.

I've used toyotadiy and sourced the genuine part numbers however no one can seem to cross reference them.

I'm also looking for wind deflectors/roof spoiler etc but that's hardly a necessity.

So basically any information I can get on the car would be great. When I search for them all Google gives me is links to previous owners' of my car's threads.

Thanks.

Junior Member Conversion King timbosaurus's Avatar

Default Re: Require sone assistance sourcing parts for ae92 trueno.

Try amayama mate.
    Current rides...
    2) White RA25ST
    1) Red RA28LT (NOW WITH 1G )

Junior Member Conversion King

Is your AE92 4AGE or GZE? The GZE VRS kit is no longer available, but the complete overhaul kit is still available and includes the same parts plus some more bottom end gaskets etc. and is only around $20 more.

I sourced mine from LithiaToyotaParts.com, along with timing belt (same for all 4AG's) and a few other parts. They are comparable to Amayama.com in pricing, but in all honesty I would recommend Amayama since they have a local presence and are a Toymods forum sponsor.

Lithia has a cool feature though where if the part has been superseded by another part number, they tell you that straight away. Amayama they will do this for you in the inquiry email, but to speed up quoting I usually input the part into Lithia first to see if its valid.

You might find engine mounts are difficult to get a hold of, but as long as your brackets are intact, you'll find the poly inserts are widely used across a lot of different toyota models. Potentially a trip to the local wreckers could get you some better inserts.

For leads you might as well try aftermarket as well, the Toyota ones are good but aftermarket are just as good for most reputable brands.

Drive belts just take a trip down to Repco/Burson and find another 4pk belt that's the same length. Unless you are running an increased boost GZE then the belts don't really matter.
    Last edited by maj; 05-03-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT

Forum Member

It is gze.

Thank you very much will attempt to source from them.

The leads that repco though were right were not. I brought them my leads in and they had no match.

I intend on changing the crank pulley. 14psi I think it is?

I'm pulling the motor out and stripping it. Had no idea a whole engine gasket kit was available.

GZE leads you probably can't get from most auto places like repco etc. They'd only stock 4AG ones and the GZE ones are different.

Not that it's always reputable, but I know you can get GZE leads on eBay for around $100 or so

I can get you the exact part number for the overhaul kit this evening. Your AE92 GZE is identical to my AW11 GZE (bigport + AFM)

Off the top of my head a 4pk 975? fits a 175mm crank pulley. Gates belts are apparently really good and don't slip unless really worn. I'm going down the same route myself.
    Last edited by maj; 05-03-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Forum Member

That would be amazing. Wanna get this rebuild done some day

I'll try eBay. As long as the brand is decent I'm sure they'll be fine I guess.

Cheers!

If you're desperate, the AW11 GZE leads will fit, just the distributor to coil lead is way longer than usual due to our engine placement.

Overhaul gasket kit which includes everything in the VRS kit is 04111-16113

Amayama in this case is much more expensive than Lithia, which is why I remembered I ordered it from Lithia instead. $239 + shipping.

You could find an aftermarket VRS kit for cheaper, but seriously for $239 for Toyota Genuine Parts, it's money well spent.

By the way the official Toyota spark lead set for the AE92 is part 90919-22198, Amayama has them.

Forum Member

I did find them thanks.

Mine isn't dissy haha.

Much appreciated.