Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 38th Toyota Nationals Friday 18th April - Sunday 20th April 2014

Junior Member Grease Monkey Gypsy23's Avatar

Default The 38th Toyota Nationals Friday 18th April - Sunday 20th April 2014

Hey there guys and girls, here we go again,

Toyota Nationals team has the 2014 website updated and entry forms available, heck you can even fill them out on line and send them straight back to us

The 2014 details are all up on the website www.toyota-nationals.org.au and as usual it looks like a ripper of a long weekend to spend doing as much or as little as you please while soaking up waaaaay too much Toyota!

Entry forms are available for download also on the website http://www.toyota-nationals.org.au/r...ionals2013.pdf so get yours in ASAP.

2014 Event Information
    Please check THIS PAGE regularly for updates for this years great events!

Friday Night
    Event : Friday Night Pizza

Time : 6:30pm

Price : $10pp adults & $5pp kids

Saturday Morning
    Event : Show 'n' Shine

Time : 9:00am - 11:30am

Price : $15 per car

Saturday Afternoon Event : Motorkhana

Time : 12:30 - 5:30pm (no daylight saving this year)

Price : $80 per car for a full CAMs L2NS license (includes club day membership, $40 per car if you already have L2NS

Sunday Day Event : Drag Racing

Time : 9:45am - 3pm

Price : $110 per car

Sunday Night
    Event : Awards Dinner

Time : 6:30pm onwards

So with all that being said, we hope, as always to get an awesome turnout for yet another fantastic event.
    Dubbo delivers, see you all there.

Senior Citizen Chief Engine Builder "Z" UTE's Avatar

Default Re: The 38th Toyota Nationals Friday 18th April - Sunday 20th April 2014

Bloody hell its here again, looking forward to a tremendous event as usual.

see you all there peeples
    "What man can build, man can fix!"
    MS51Crown Coupe,
    GSV40R Aurion luxo tourer. One TA22 currently receiving some TLC prior to paint One RS56 Crown ute under construction, 2 x TA22's awaiting rebuilds. Toyota Crown RS47J ute in need of serious TLC. Toyota Crown Custom Wagon MS53 daily hauler stocko!

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default Re: The 38th Toyota Nationals Friday 18th April - Sunday 20th April 2014

I will be there, along with my adub hopefully (but still without the turbo motor )
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

I have also made a facebook event to help generate interest in the wider Toymods community (aka people that dont go on the forums much)

https://www.facebook.com/events/5878...mment&source=1

I would really love to see a stronger Toymods presence this year. This is a fantastic event and I really think we need to get behind it!
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice Mazman's Avatar

Yeah, was expecting some more people to join in ( supra boys as well ), i really want to go as well and will apply for the days off from work.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

Probably going to miss this year, car has a few niggling things that need attention and work commitments mean I won't have the time to get them fixed and money is tight with saving for a house, wedding & just getting back from a trip to vietnam. If money issues get sorted may pop up for the weekend in the Mirage but can't commit to closer to the date.
    If in doubt power out

What's wrong with the Dina? (Apart from coil packs)

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

Mainly coil packs, need to also look at the intercooler piping and get some sections re-done as they've been rubbing on things. A/C needs to be looked at to find a leak and re-gas it not a huge issue but it's good for demisting not just cooling. Until the coilpacks are done I'm not driving it 1000 km across a weekend.

Been working 6 days a week for the last few weeks and that's probably not going to change for another 3 weeks at least so getting time to even drop it off somewhere is limited and to be honest I need to get back on top of my savings before throwing any more money at it.
    If in doubt power out

I would like to do a run of shirts for the event if people are interested. We now have an account on redbubble called "ToymodsCarClub"

From what I understand, we can take submissions from the public, so I am calling on all of you, if any of you have a good idea for a shirt (preferably something with a funny tagline and also with "toymods car club" on it somewhere) please feel free to make a submission! I'll try to work on some designs myself too..

To help people get started I have attached the toymods avatar, which you can use along with some artwork and/or text related to toyota nationals/dubbo etc in your designs. it would be cool if we could get a group of us all showing up in some toymods/nationals shirts for this

Toymods avatar.jpg

hope everyone is gearing up for this event? im not sure if the adub will be ready, waiting on a few parts which haven't yet shown up... if not, ill take the 86, it's still on its shitty prius tyres which won't help much for the motorkhana though

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

I have a running car, perhaps I should go?
    Whats the deal with accom and stuff? Looks confusing as fuck last year

you need to sort your own accom. most people stay at the matilda but it may already be booked out. that being said, there might be a space with the spoot guys. i can check for you but you would need to be 100% in as we need to pay for the room very soon

everything else is fairly straightforward. pay money and then follow the event schedule for all the events, and bring plenty of beer for the in between bits

Senior Citizen Chief Engine Builder "Z" UTE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    , and bring plenty of beer for Friday night
    Dubbo like most towns will not sell canned or bottled booze on Good Friday, so bring a half a slab just for Friday arvo and night.
    "What man can build, man can fix!"
    MS51Crown Coupe,
    GSV40R Aurion luxo tourer. One TA22 currently receiving some TLC prior to paint One RS56 Crown ute under construction, 2 x TA22's awaiting rebuilds. Toyota Crown RS47J ute in need of serious TLC. Toyota Crown Custom Wagon MS53 daily hauler stocko!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Time off and money are not issues, who else from here is going?

a whole heap of dudes come along, normally under the banner of their individual group. a large contingent of the canberra crew generally show up, as well as supra guys, and the newcastle club guys. I'll be attending with the spoot racing crew. if you have the time/money then you definitely dont want to miss it.