Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2TG/3T hybrid Wiseco pistons.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: 2TG/3T hybrid Wiseco pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianGT View Post
    The rods come from a Nissan SR20 Det.........I'm not sure of the Wiseco piston origin but they are very short and the rod length and those pistons is exactly the right stroke with a 3T crank.

I have part numbers for both items. They work.
    I would like to know part numbers also please.

broom broom Automotive Encyclopaedia poida's Avatar

Interesting. I have 3 2tg blocks and this is useful info. Also interested in part numbers as ill go 87mm too

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Hi Guys,

There was some confusion with the part numbers for the Wiseco Pistons.

Wiseco USA at first said the part number was wrong but they have now come back to the UK Wiseco Importer saying it is the right part number after all. They aren't in the catolog but are available as a special order.

I am ordering a set once the UK importer gives me a price but until I have them in my hands and connected to the Nissan rods I don't want to give false information out. I intend doing a build thread of the bottom end with pics of normal rod/ pistons and the newer longer rod versions.
    Obviously because of the longer rods the pin height in the piston is different to make the overall stroke the same.

They reckon about 3 weeks delivery to me. Nissan Eagle rods are easy for me to obtain over here.

This conversion DOES work.....John uses it in two of his cars and is going to be using it on other engine builds too.
    It does sound a little bit like a diesel when cold until the piston expands a little. Apparently the piston diameter is slightly narrower than std because they are so short they don't dissipate the heat the same so they expand a little more than std. So I am told.

It's the way it spins up that is so dramatically different to std....there is no lethargy it just revs.

That's about as much as I can say about it right now but I will post more info as I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianGT View Post
    Hi Guys,

There was some confusion with the part numbers for the Wiseco Pistons.

Wiseco USA at first said the part number was wrong but they have now come back to the UK Wiseco Importer saying it is the right part number after all. They aren't in the catolog but are available as a special order.

I am ordering a set once the UK importer gives me a price but until I have them in my hands and connected to the Nissan rods I don't want to give false information out. I intend doing a build thread of the bottom end with pics of normal rod/ pistons and the newer longer rod versions.
    Obviously because of the longer rods the pin height in the piston is different to make the overall stroke the same.

They reckon about 3 weeks delivery to me. Nissan Eagle rods are easy for me to obtain over here.

This conversion DOES work.....John uses it in two of his cars and is going to be using it on other engine builds too.
    It does sound a little bit like a diesel when cold until the piston expands a little. Apparently the piston diameter is slightly narrower than std because they are so short they don't dissipate the heat the same so they expand a little more than std. So I am told.

It's the way it spins up that is so dramatically different to std....there is no lethargy it just revs.

That's about as much as I can say about it right now but I will post more info as I get it.
    BrianGT The reason it spins up so easily is it is close to ideal rod length to stroke ratio of 1.8:1 as standard 3t is approx. 1.58:1 which is at lower end of recommended ratio range. The piston is being pushed/pulled up and down instead of being pushed sideways in bore due to smaller ratio. Which makes this piston & conrod combination very good
    Last edited by ToyTA22; 16-01-2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: missed comment. Brain fade it I think it's called

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by ToyTA22 View Post
    BrianGT The reason it spins up so easily is it is close to ideal rod length to stroke ratio of 1.8:1 as standard 3t is approx. 1.58:1 which is at lower end of recommended ratio range. The piston is being pushed/pulled up and down instead of being pushed sideways in bore due to smaller ratio. Which makes this piston & conrod combination very good
    Thank you for that info!
    I just know it feels so different to a normal 2TG and it does go like stink.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

long rod is the way to go, building and 3tg with 22mm pin height pistons, 84mm steel crank , rod to suit and no material grinded from inside the block,

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia stidnam's Avatar

Which rods and pistons are you using or are these custom?

Also interested in part numbers for the rods and pistons

Any update on the build, would be very interested in the rods and pistons used

I hate to resurrect this zombie thread but....

I am considering building a 2TG/3TG Hybrid. Have 2 complete engines. One is a 3TC and a complete 2TG with an early head (11111-88222) and later block (11411-28010). I am confused a little... So is it confirmed that the Wiseco K508M87 pistons do NOT need to be fly cut for valve clearance? Someone mentioned the 89mm do not but just want to make sure the 87mm are OK to go.

Thanks for any help rendered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    -1974 Celica GT (2TG/3T in the works)
    -2010 Lexus IS350 Luxury Edition
    -2013 Toyota Prius III
    -2004 Toyota Sienna LE

Quote Originally Posted by RA21Dragon View Post
    I hate to resurrect this zombie thread but....

I am considering building a 2TG/3TG Hybrid. Have 2 complete engines. One is a 3TC and a complete 2TG with an early head (11111-88222) and later block (11411-28010). I am confused a little... So is it confirmed that the Wiseco K508M87 pistons do NOT need to be fly cut for valve clearance? Someone mentioned the 89mm do not but just want to make sure the 87mm are OK to go.

Thanks for any help rendered.

Wiseco pistons have larger od and deeper cutouts. Depends a lot on cam lift, but not usually required.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyTA22 View Post
    Wiseco pistons have larger od and deeper cutouts. Depends a lot on cam lift, but not usually required.
    Awesome! Thanks friend! I'd prob be using stock cams for now. Should that be a problem?

Joe

-2013 Toyota Prius III
    -2004 Toyota Sienna LE

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic J-M kujala's Avatar

Hits first to each other with 2TG head, than to pistons..
    - Celica TA-22 -74 2T-G Turbo
    - IQ 1.0 -09
    - Lexus IS250 -06

Quote Originally Posted by J-M kujala View Post
    Hits first to each other with 2TG head, than to pistons..
    I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean. What "hits first to each other?"

-2013 Toyota Prius III
    -2004 Toyota Sienna LE

another question about these pistons. The specs that wiseco gives states that the piston dome volume is 20.6cc and combustion chamber volume is 63cc. I assume these are based on the 3TC head and NOT the 2TG head , seeing as the 2TG head has a lesser piston head volume and subsequent lower combustion chamber, wouldn't these pistons result in a much higher compression ratio than the 10.5:1 it claims?