Thread: Sr20det into ta22

Forum Member

Default Sr20det into ta22

Hey guys, been doing a lot of research, but just can't find what I want to know. Like what diff I can use with out doing so many mods, and if the 6 speed fits in the ta22, and the electricial and does anyone in melb that can help me work this conversion ! Thx guys

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: Sr20det into ta22

don't use the Nissan 6 spd from an s15 they are weak
    also don't use an sr20det from an aussie s15 they have immobiliser in ecu

Why am i always a.. Domestic Engineer RAAAH23's Avatar

Default Re: Sr20det into ta22

Don't use an SR20 in a Celica.

Anyway, diff depends on how much power your going to put through it. Volvo Dana 30 diff is the cheapest option. Should be able to handle 400rwhp. All that needs to be done is mounts and Studs (4x114.3). Three good things about the Volvo Dana 30 conversion; its already rear disc brake, wont need to be shortened because it will only add 5mm of track either side and has plenty of ratio's and centres (LSD, Torsen, Locker, Air locker) as they're the same as the diff in the front of the Jeep wranglers.

If you're going for more power you could use a RN25 Hilux diff, but will need the mounts and PCD? to be converted. Those particular Hilux diffs are hard to come buy and you'll be paying a fair bit more for just the diff then a Dana 30. If you cant find a RN25 Hilux diff and use an newer model Hilux diff. You'll need to shorten, get the mounts changed and convert the PCD to 4x114.3. Don't forget they're also drum rear and your engineer might find it difficult to pass with just the drum rear end.

Pretty sure the 6 and 5 speed boxes will fit up nicely, maybe some modification to the shifter hole but you shouldn't need to bash the tunnel at all. As dumbass said you're better off with the stonger 5 speed box and S14 motor without the VCT. It just makes it so much easier to tune.
    Cheers, Alex

- 1976 TA23 2T-GTE GT3076 ID1000cc E85 Haltech PS1000, W58, G Series Diff, B45 Simmons