Thread: 2jzgte mx73

Forum Member

Red face 2jzgte mx73

Hey Guys,

Been lurking for a while, and have finished my Drift/Street Bt20v AE71

But now im after building my 2nd car and i thought this would be a great place to start asking questions.

I was wondering what its like running stock ecu on 2jzgte after doing a conversion?

VVT or Non VVT and why? Ive been told to keep away from VVT as the conversion is a bit harder as the throttle is FBW/DBW, and also the issue with idle control when you change the throttle to non vvt. Also the ecu going into a foreign car... issues with running a R154 instead of the auto's, All the auto loom getting in the way(will have this issue with both unless manual im guessing), Issues when you go to change it to single turbo. Anything else?

At the end of the day VVT end up being more expensive even if the initial cost of the engine is 1k less?

VVT's seem to be more available and some what cheaper especially in the 'mother land' but if i can get a non vvt for a bit more $$ in the long run i guess it will be cheaper?

What coilover spring rates do you guys recommend in an mx73 with 2j? (it will have coilovers in the front and adj spring perches in the rear) i was thinking 10f-8r but that might be a bit soft for the JZ

What engine mounts to run? ive heard stock Jz top half and 7m bottom half?

What gear box mounts do you guys run? Custom?

Im sure ill have plenty more questions

All help is greatly appreciated!!!!
    Regards
    Vaughn

Administrator Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: 2jzgte mx73

without doubt by the vvti one...

Stock ecu + boost is realistically enough for "most" people