Thread: Yazaki / Sumitomo connectors: Where to buy?

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Yazaki / Sumitomo connectors: Where to buy?

Would like a heads-up on where I can buy Yazaki / Sumitomo type Terminals; either in Store or Online.

RS Components don't seem to have the ones I'm after < Yazaki 7116-1180 / 1181 >. I would also like to buy some other Yazaki / OEM type terminals but can't seem to find any local vendors; only Rakuten in Japan

I'm trying to decipher / clean up the wiring in the 12pin Connector at the back of the radio in my IS300 prior to wiring up a Park Assist system. Various wires have been cut, terminals bridged etc by previous owner for a wireless blue-tooth system. The wiring was a joke; roughly twisted & spliced with huge gobs of solder. . .and all covered with a half-arsed application of silicone in an attempt to keep it insulated; with a bloody spare wire dangling around whose purpose I've no idea of. . . (but that's a story for another post).

I'm in Sydney

PS: Update @ 14/06/13: All sorted; ordered via Rakuten. . .
    Last edited by GeeEss; 14-06-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Problem solved

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: Yazaki / Sumitomo connectors: Where to buy?

Did you find out where to buy Yazaki & Sumitomo connectors in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by GeeEss View Post
    Would like a heads-up on where I can buy Yazaki / Sumitomo type Terminals; either in Store or Online.

RS Components don't seem to have the ones I'm after < Yazaki 7116-1180 / 1181 >. I would also like to buy some other Yazaki / OEM type terminals but can't seem to find any local vendors; only Rakuten in Japan

I'm trying to decipher / clean up the wiring in the 12pin Connector at the back of the radio in my IS300 prior to wiring up a Park Assist system. Various wires have been cut, terminals bridged etc by previous owner for a wireless blue-tooth system. The wiring was a joke; roughly twisted & spliced with huge gobs of solder. . .and all covered with a half-arsed application of silicone in an attempt to keep it insulated; with a bloody spare wire dangling around whose purpose I've no idea of. . . (but that's a story for another post).

I'm in Sydney

PS: Update @ 14/06/13: All sorted; ordered via Rakuten. . .

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Yazaki / Sumitomo connectors: Where to buy?

better late than never...https://www.rapidcables.com.au/yazaki/

they also have sumitomo terminals if you want to repin connectors. use in conjunction with toyota connector catalogues