Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M112 Supercharged 2JZA80-GE Supra with Manualised Hybrid transmission

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default M112 Supercharged 2JZA80-GE Supra with Manualised Hybrid transmission

Here are a few pics of the results so far, excuse me but it's too large to re-write, yet the links in my signature will take you to more information on 'how-to' than you could dream of.

It's not completely finished yet, but these projects probably never are.

Presently with 4" pulley 352 bhp @ fllywheel, yet soon to be remapped with 3.2" for 500?bhp.

T.T. Supra and N/A Supra 2JZA80 transmission Hybrid, good for more than 500 lbft and controlled with Suprastick V4.6.

Lexus IS250 paddles.

It'll get a repaint in Aston Martin California Sage Metallic when I'm done giving it spanner-rash.

Attached Images Attached Images

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Default Re: M112 Supercharged 2JZA80-GE Supra with Manualised Hybrid transmission

certainly sounds nice and is something different
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Default Re: M112 Supercharged 2JZA80-GE Supra with Manualised Hybrid transmission

Thank you.

Since then I've fitted an alternator that doesn't rattle and a better exhaust system, so It'll sound even better on 28th June during the next mapping.

I keep "my garage" updated with a selection of the most recent videos.

Planning to run it at the Jap Show at Santa Pod on 30th June.

Cressidaspert Carport Converter andrew_mx83's Avatar

Sounds great, i always wanted to supercharge a 7m (2j's older brother)

Nice work, great to see some doing something different.
    There is no substitute for PUBIC inches

Never late in an x8

Thank you.

It's the "Mythical Monster" and is far more "useable" as a daily driver than any turbo configuration.

I'll post the dyno result and Santa Pod 1/4 mile ticket soon.

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Nice proj. Must be the month of 'something different' on Toymods ?
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Forum Member Grease Monkey

nice... would love to see a v8 version too

great work mate!
    What compression ratio is the engine running?

80's stylin Domestic Engineer Sammich's Avatar

wayyy cool.

also interested to see if its stock GE internals or are you running GTE or other pistons to lower compression?
    MA61 + 5M-E POWAZ: sold :'( | MX73 + 5M-GE: asploded. RIP :'( | MA61 + 2JZ-GE: 80's radness with 90's power/reliability/economy
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    these wheels are so jap I even want to kill a whale. For strictly scientifical purpose, of course.

It's a stock unopened N/A lump which is good for 1 Bar boost with 99 RON which is all the blower will blow.

Be brave and look in my signature links.

Spring has sprung and the job list is now jobbed and with 3 smaller size pulleys and matching belts took the Old Girl for a remap.

First death or glory test spin with the 3.2" pulley and I told Dan to do his damnedest to make it slip, yet he couldn't. Happy Days.

Here's the boost pressure and induction vacuum graph.

Here's a bunch of info if it means anything to you.

Unfortunately not all was plain sailing, at 5.5k rpm the fuel was being trimmed out by a Gremlin and it appears that a small crack in the manifold is randomly drawing in air at certain rpm's which is upsetting the Lambda sensor and the crank position sensor is iffy too and needs replacing.

I've swapped the CPS for another since last time, but it would appear that this hard work is too much to ask of these old sensors and needs to be replaced with a new one.

It took 2 hours of head scratching to find this Gremlin and to fudge it over so we had plenty of these.

Final run, the noise was intense.

There should be more than 750 cfm pumping now, yet because of a crack in the manifold letting in air at certain revs, the Lambda sensor is randomly trimming the fuel.

The timing has had to be pulled right back and the rev limit reduced until I get the manifold sorted.

357 bhp @ hubs corrected @ 1.13 = 404 flywheel bhp.

We had 2 quick tries of swinging the cam timing, one @ +1 inlet -2 exhaust and another the other way @ -1 inlet +2 exhaust and both reduced power by about the same amount. Dan reckons there's a sweet spot we'll find that will even out the dip in torque curve we'll find next time find without the Gremlins, so back to stock settings for now.

I didn't get away until 7pm and we had no time to tinker with the water/meth, yet without it, the max temp of heat soaked charge-cooled air after returning cams to stock settings was 36°C @ 6.5k rpm.

Reducing the torque-convertor lock from 2.8k to 2k rpm has improved the power delivery at the beginning of the curve.

Red and green lines are previous maps recorded set @ 2.8k the top three are with the 2k setting and I suspect the dip in the power curve to be torque-convertor related but haven't worked that one out yet.

1+ Bar in action.

I plan to have the manifold and distributor job sorted and ready for another remap in August.

Cressidaspert Carport Converter andrew_mx83's Avatar

That's got a great note, so unique
    Keep up the good work
    There is no substitute for PUBIC inches

Never late in an x8