Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June Event - Lost In The 50s Cruise and Museum Tour - Sunday June 23

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default June Event - Lost In The 50s Cruise and Museum Tour - Sunday June 23

So, here is something we haven't done before! We are going to head to the "lost in the 50's" museum up near newy on Sunday June 23, and we will make a cruise of it for those heading up from sydney too.

For those cruising from sydney, we will meet at Thornleigh maccas at 9:30am, aiming to depart at 10:00am. We will be cruising up the old pacific highway and then the F3, map below.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=go...en&sa=N&tab=wl

For those not wanting to do the cruise, or not coming from sydney, aim to be at the museum by 11:30am

Lost in the 50s | All american 50s classic cars

Entry to the museum is $15 per person. The date is locked in, so keep it free/make arrangements! Also if you have a money tree hiding at home, these guys sell 50s american cars too, maybe somebody might come home with something?
    Last edited by trdee; 10-06-2013 at 08:24 PM.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Default Re: June Event - Lost In The 50s Cruise and Museum Tour - Sunday June 23

No excuse for me to miss this as it's only 10 minutes down the road...

And as an extra tidbit of info, this place is actually the old Bluetongue Brewery
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

Default Re: June Event - Lost In The 50s Cruise and Museum Tour - Sunday June 23

I'm looking forward to this event.

By all reports it's a great venue and an ideal event to bring family and friends along. They do a real 50's theme with rock-n-roll dancing, 50's diner etc.

Anthony

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

This looks pretty cool

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic pete05's Avatar

Looks very cool, now to convince the missus and kids.

Good thing about this place is that it is literally next to the F3 Freeway, so travel times from Sydney are ridiculously short (just over an hour from Thornleigh Maccas)
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Sunday events are really hard for me to get to so will have to see how I go with this one.
    Sounds like an awesome day out tho so will keep an eye on the times and see what I can do.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer mynameisrodney's Avatar

I should be there, also trying to convince my mate to bring his mustang as it should fit in well at this event.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic hypo23's Avatar

Im down for this, from all reports its a great place to visit, and it only gets open once a month for bookings. should be a good day
    cheers steve,

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case..................coincidence?

1ggte, 11.22 @122mph

Ok peoples, only a couple of weeks till this event. Start spreading the word and lets try and get a decent turn out to this event. I have a few friends turning up and am looking forward to a great day.

Vito, have we got a plan for the trip up? Maybe meet somewhere like Thornleigh Maccas and a slow drive up the old pac? Can you please edit the original post once you have the details sorted.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Have sent a note to Glenn indicating 8 people. Looks like a good family outing.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

ill try and get more organisation done over the weekend. been at hospital since 9am today with my mum, I have not had much time to myself over the last few weeks.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Vito if you need anything that can be done locally (it's only 10 minutes from my work) let me know

FYI, first post updated with meet up details.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic hypo23's Avatar

Definitely be there for this, will probably just meet you guys there as it is only 15mins from home.
    cheers steve,

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case..................coincidence?

1ggte, 11.22 @122mph