Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCG Cruise to Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day 2013 - Sydney NSW - 26th May

Old School Fanatic... Automotive Encyclopaedia jezz's Avatar

Default CCG Cruise to Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day 2013 - Sydney NSW - 26th May

CCG Attends Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day - Wiseman's Ferry Sydney NSW

Date: Sunday, 26 May 2013
    Location: Meet: Eagle Hawk Service Station, Federal Highway Service Road Sutton
    Meeting Time: 7:30am
    Depart Time: 7.40am
    Cost: Nil!!

The biggest event of the Celica year!!

Everybody make sure you keep this date free.

Let's really show our support this year for such a fantastic event.

Just remember its a full day of driving with exhausting Celica talk and filling Toymods BBQ so if you can, bring a backup driver!

Don't forget to bring along the trusty UHF so everyone can stay in contact during the drive.

We will be travelling via the M7 do remember to pre-pay your toll to save on excess "Admin" fee's.

While this event may be geared towards the humble Classic Celica this does not mean you can't cruise up with us to check out the show. The ettamogah pub meet point is a perfect chance to gander at a whole range of Toyota's.

And don't forget your camera!

Organiser for this event : Mitch

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classic Celica Appreciation Day
    Sunday 26th of May 2013

Everyone is welcome, you don't need to own or even want a Classic Celica to be part of the day but if you own one, and you don't come, you need a slap in the back of the head !

Toymods 6th Annual Classic Celica Appreciation day is a great family day out in a relaxing environment with a good BBQ and some wicked Celica's to admire. As we did last year, we will be allowing all generations of Celica into the park facing off the classics against the late models.

If you own a Classic Celica (running or not) or just wish you did then the Classic Celica Appreciation day is the one day of the year to make sure your available.

From the Sydney meet point we will cruise out to Wisemans Ferry and The Celica's will move into the park itself for some group shots and all others in attendance are encouraged to make the most of the great location and get some great pics in the park as well. There are some fantastic photo opportunities in the grounds for all so bring your cameras.

The Central Coast/Newcastle and Canberra guys & gals will of course meet up at their own respective meeting points and cruise up to Sydney, meeting us at either The Ettamogah Pub or at Wisemans Ferry.
    The Wisemans Ferry destination is aimed at providing a suitable location (distance traveling wise) for both the Newcastle and Canberra crowd and we look forward to trying to break our Classic Celica attendance record.
    For the Central Coast Newy & Canberra Guys please let me know of your meet points and I'll post them below.

So Bring your Family, your CB if you have one, a full tank of fuel, money for the BBQ and something to sit on !!

Details are as follows:

Sydney Group
    Time: 11:00am for a 11:30am Leave
    Meeting point: Ettamogah Pub
    Corner of Windsor Road and Merriville Rd Kellyville Ridge
    Destination: Wisemans Ferry

Further details will be updated in this post as they come to hand.

Cheers
    Simon Hall
    Toymods Events Co-Ordinator.

Bottom line: Life's too short, drive something you love.
    Canberra Celica Group

Canberra Celica Group Grease Monkey TWEETY's Avatar

Default Re: CCG Cruise to Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day 2013 - Sydney NSW - 26th Ma

So great CCG BOC last night and seems lots keen to head up this year for the CCAD. Really looking forward to this event as we get to see sooo many cool yotas in one place and especially all the upgrades, changes, modifications etc to the Celicas since last time we all caught up.

And for all you unlucky types that dont have a Celica you can see all the cool support cars that join the convoy for a good cruise aut to the Wisemans Ferry for an Excelent TOYMODS BBQ.

Any questions regarding the CCG Cruise, just email or call anytime.
    Cheers
    Mitch
    CB 16
    3TGT TA22 'Tweety' Canberra Celica Group (CCG) = www.canberracelica.org
    147 RWKW / NIL quarter mile / 2D:1h:12m Wakefield / NIL Hillclimb.....but 1/8th mile at Dubbo = 10.53

Default Re: CCG Cruise to Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day 2013 - Sydney NSW - 26th Ma

Well I just had the Hilux diff, Tailshaft with MA70 brakes/rotors fitted to Tweety (only took 4 years!) and all I need now are new rear tyres and Im good to go for CCAD.

I am now selling my replaced Celica ready AE86 shortened disc brake rear end for $1500 incase anyone want to buy as I can bring to Sydney in my trailer if someone pays up haha!

Cant wait for CCAD tho.....
    147 RWKW / NIL quarter mile / 2D:1h:12m Wakefield / NIL Hillclimb.....but 1/8th mile at Dubbo = 10.53

Getting closer!!!
    Canberra Celica Group

Coming up fast!!!
    Canberra Celica Group

New boots on the new diff so Tweety ready to go!

Just a reminder to take CB (we use ch 16), GPS, hat, chair, BBG change, camera, jacket and sense of humour are a good idea.

Sure hope the weather is bettre than today haha!!!!

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TWEETY View Post

Just a reminder to take CB (we use ch 16), GPS, hat, chair, BBG change, camera, jacket and sense of humour are a good idea.

are you drunk Mitch? What's a "BBG"? "Big Beer Gut" perhaps? LOL
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

Junior Member Conversion King

I've got my BBG! though it's dwindled in size quite a bit in the past year.

I've got a cheap walkie that seems to do 40 channels, so with some hope channel 16 might be the same as UHF 16.

Hope it's sunny since I'm bringing my daughter along.
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Always a pleasure to see you guys and your cars.

Have a safe trip and see you on the day.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member Conversion King

Mines still without an engine in the engine bay, but i'm sure you'll be glad an AW11 isn't showing up anyway

For me it's just a day out, BBQ and warm sun at this time of year is rare enough, and seeing some nice old japanese cars is good enough for me
    Just so happens Canberra has an awesome representation of Celicas and other classic yotas too.
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT

Yep hope ur bringin ur BBG Lawrence. I've been workin on mine and I'm soo proud.

Forcast I'd for Fine so fingers crossed. Bring plenty of warm clothes anyway.

Will b good to catch up as usual River.

PS. Don't forget ur Etag of Roam for the Sydney Motorway toll too!!

you gotta stop typing on your phone Mitchell

Got a buyer up there for your diff yet? Maybe should post on the main cruise thread so the sydney-siders see it?

Cheers
    Phil

Senior Citizen Chief Engine Builder "Z" UTE's Avatar

Simon and I are all geared up and ready to kick the tyres and light the fires on Sunday morning,

Catch you all out at Eagle Hawk,

cheers Chuck.
    "What man can build, man can fix!"
    MS51Crown Coupe,
    GSV40R Aurion luxo tourer. One TA22 currently receiving some TLC prior to paint One RS56 Crown ute under construction, 2 x TA22's awaiting rebuilds. Toyota Crown RS47J ute in need of serious TLC. Toyota Crown Custom Wagon MS53 daily hauler stocko!

Awesome cruising with you guys as usual today, and great to see some new faces too!

Bailed without saying goodbye to most of you (sorry, i'm a rude b*stard!), keen to get settled on the couch for the Monaco F1 See you all for a beer o'clock soon hopefully.

Cheers
    Phil

p.s: Stitty, show us ya pics!

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Thanks for the cruise guys. Great to add a few more faces to names and to get advice from guys who've done it all before.