Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MR2 Trackday Challenge 2014

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default MR2 Trackday Challenge 2014

MR2 Trackday Challenge 2014

The MR2 track day Challenge will be held on Jan 6-7 2014.
    I did try to organise a later date, but due to the high charges of running the event later in the year it has been decided the track day will be run on the 6-7 Jan.
    The program will be very similar to the 2013 with a regularity round added to the format.

The various disciplines are now short circuit, short hill climb, special stage, 3 rounds of full circuit, hot lap, a 10min regularity session with up to 20 cars per session.

Wakefield Park marshals will manage the lighting system for overtaking, cautions and red flags. Volunteers are encouraged to come along to help out.
    Fire and paramedics will be on hand.

The BBQ and drinks will be back.
    Passenger runs will be back.
    Photo session after Monday's trackday will be back too.
    Garages will be part of the package with MR2's having preference after which its first in, best dressed.

*MR2 and Toymod club members are entitled to a 10% discount*

There is a facebook site but most information can be found on the website. MR2 Trackday Challenge 2014 - A two day event at Wakefield Park in January 2014

People who would like to come along and help out in the form of officials or media, just drop a line.
    Last edited by B24 SW20; 16-11-2013 at 08:15 AM. Reason: update
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=57986
    Hillclimb, Special stage, short circuit. long circuit. Four layouts, Five rounds over two days.
    www.ultimatetrackdaychallenge.com.au
    Winton: 1.37.4/Wakefield: 1.08.1/Eastern Creek: 1.48

Default Re: MR2 Trackday Challenge 2014

Am I right in interpreting the regs as saying that cars with engine conversions must be in Circuit Class and therefore must have cages?
    Nissan Silvia S13- 1UZFE

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrie View Post
    Am I right in interpreting the regs as saying that cars with engine conversions must be in Circuit Class and therefore must have cages?
    Good question.
    No, you are not automatically added to circuit class if you have a engine conversion. Any car with a cage will be in circuit class. A car which can be defected for being too crazy for the street, will be considered for Circuit Class. Are you thinking of bringing the Dato?
    Hillclimb, Special stage, short circuit. long circuit. Four layouts, Five rounds over two days.

I've got a silvia that I'd like to enter. Way too early for me to be making any commitments though. It is a modified street car with rego and no cage, but could be defected for having too much engine...

I've got a silvia that I'd like to enter. Way too early for me to be making any commitments though. It is a modified street car with rego and no cage, but could be defected for having too much engine...
    Well, just work on making the event. At the end of the day it will be fair, you will have a great time and be competitive no matter what class you enter.
    Will you be at the Nissan Sports Car Club trackday in May?

Quote Originally Posted by B24 SW20 View Post
    Well, just work on making the event. At the end of the day it will be fair, you will have a great time and be competitive no matter what class you enter.
    Will you be at the Nissan Sports Car Club trackday in May?
    haha wont be anywhere near competitive, but should be a bit of fun. I was just concerned that I wouldn't fit in any class and wouldn't be able to enter.

Nah not going to be at the Nissan day. I usually do the Thornleigh car club day (18 May I think) but will miss that this year as well.
    Nissan Silvia S13- 1UZFE

haha wont be anywhere near competitive, but should be a bit of fun. I was just concerned that I wouldn't fit in any class and wouldn't be able to enter.

Nah not going to be at the Nissan day. I usually do the Thornleigh car club day (18 May I think) but will miss that this year as well.
    No worries mate, look forward to seeing you there in January.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Should be there assuming rods my are still inside the block

If the rods end up on the outside, you can always come along for the social aspect or work as an official. Im sure you will (at least)get a passenger ride over the two days.

I'm looking at adding more to the two days than just the circuit orientated people.The plan being to have people from all corners of the car culture enjoying their thing at the one location.

This includes a cruise organised to the track , have a chat, show of the car, show the stereo system, whatever, then enjoy a drive on the track with some good spirited blasts up the straight then cruise around the rest of the track.
    They will be able to enjoy everything we do over the two days(photo shoot, vehicle weigh in, bbq and beers). Difference being, they are participating as a street cruiser, social participant in non competitive, non speed sessions.

Some updates:
    I inquired about a dyno for a dyno shootout, but its not cost effective.

Burstmode is keen on doing the photography for 2014. They work for the guys who won the Wakefield 300 this year. They are also building a 3.5 supercharged, SW20 hardtop. Light weight,cage etc to enter UTC 2014.

The reg's will be reviewed (yet again) to fit the V6 into the equation. The 3.0 V6 will be in over 2.0ltr Street with the stock turbo's. The 3.5ltr and supercharged 3.0ltr will be with the over 2.0ltr Modified Street.

The four layouts will be used again in 2014. If Wakefield surface a certain dirt access road to the left of the circuit, it will be added to the tarmac or hillclimb. Its a right,left,right,left combination heading up the hill towards turn four.

The first row of open garages will be for show and shine. If its a clear day, they will be set out on the grass area behind the pit lane garages which finishes outside the cafe. Cars always look good on the grass! There is access to the very top of the hill on the right of the circuit for people interested in a photo shoot up there. Access is good.

You can do a track walk or ride the track on a bike after the track is closed to cars. It is daylight savings, so you will have a few hours to experience the track walk or ride.
    If enough people are interested, we can organise a local driver trainer to provide a guide on the track walk. Quite useful for improving driving skills.

There are 60 beds available at the track so you can bring partners, friends, kids. If this fills up, next door has accommodation for about 60 more people. The Bakery Motel has offered a good rate for us($100) per room. Its 10 min from the track.

Cheers

Steve

Some video from last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wPHdfhJG2M

This one is the tarmac circuit. Great footage and great piece of track.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOMXqbeNw7U

I have just confirmed the cruise sessions with Wakefield Park.

The sessions will be in the afternoon from 4-6pm.

These will alternate with photo sessions and perhaps some other activities.

The main straight photo will also be back.

The sessions will be controlled by a pace car.

Helmets will not be required.

Competition licenses will not be required.

Will confirm if I can nominate the pace car. Even so, the speed limit will be 70km/h with the option accelerate hard between selected points.

If this is abused, the people responsible will be removed from the session. This for two reasons: Safety (of each other) and respect( of the track management and each other).

Really would be great to see all the people who are not into the track scene, doing some cruise laps.

The information pack is now available from the website. It still needs some minor tweaks (tyre spec for modified street) but otherwise ready to go.

There are four cruise sessions over the two days for people not fussed about driving the car flat out but interested in hanging out, cruising the track, taking some shots on the track, bbq and beers, accomodation and a few other bits and pieces.

The entry forms and new payment options will also be available at the end of next week (PayPal,credit card, direct debit and cash).

If you enter before 1st of November you receive a 10% discount

Just a reminder about the trackday 10% deal. There are only a few days to go so you can jump on the website and send your entry in before Friday to receive the discount.
    People who came along last year can still enter at the same rate as last year.
    Good to see a few entries rolling in. A tarmac rally SW20 from Tasmania is coming along, a big hp Supra will return and a friends 550hp FD RX7 will be having a run too.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

I'll be there with the SW20 race car this year. If not, I'll take the ST205!