Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 10th of May!!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 10th of May!!

Nothing, that's the worrying bit.
    I got up one morning, bent over to grab some shorts and next think I knew I was in so much pain I couldn't walk. Spent two days in bed sort of thing.
    Been to the physio 5 times and I seem to be getting better, still cant go back to work as I cant do anything physical.

I can walk around, drive, browse the internet and watch TV without issue but to swing spanners just kills me. Took me 4 hours to swap two calipers on Saturay, just cant do it. So depressing being bored out of your mind unable to do anything you want to, sounds weird but I really want to go back to work.

Ah well, one of the reasons why I'm getting stuff sorted early.

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Cutters, tried to respond to your PM but your inbox is full. Gist of it was, need CAMS L2 (or up) licence, or a valid drivers licence to get a Wakefield clubsport one, which is about $50 or $60 and valid for 12 months. The cars that will be there are a real mix, from cheap old track beaters through old v8s/commodores, civics, couple of evos, that sort of stuff. Mainly supersprint cars, few IPRA cars, and road cars. Nothing really big dollar, only a few guys run slicks, most are on semis or road tyres.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Im sure im off so may pop up and say g'day!!!
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

GT, I can spread the word about this day on the Excel racing series forum if you want.
    But whether you guys want more slow shopping trolleys running around is another thing.

First round at Wakefield last Sunday had average lap time of 1:20

loves hi RPMS Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    Cutters, tried to respond to your PM but your inbox is full. Gist of it was, need CAMS L2 (or up) licence, or a valid drivers licence to get a Wakefield clubsport one, which is about $50 or $60 and valid for 12 months. The cars that will be there are a real mix, from cheap old track beaters through old v8s/commodores, civics, couple of evos, that sort of stuff. Mainly supersprint cars, few IPRA cars, and road cars. Nothing really big dollar, only a few guys run slicks, most are on semis or road tyres.
    this.
    minimal fucks are given for seriousness. there are a couple of people that take it a bit too serious on the track but nothing that will ruin it for you. also stay at the pelican with the rest of us, its usually good for a laugh at the end of the day.
    N/A for life...

Junior Member Conversion King

Many spots left for this? A mate of mine just emailed me wondering if I wanted to do a trackday in our soobies soon, with a few of his mates (Golf R32's, Audi's etc.) might also be interested. All have done Wakefield days before, except me, but I've been there a few times as a spectator.
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT

Hey guys, yeah by all means pass the word around, we're not full so i can fit a group in no problems at this stage. There's usually a few Subies, Golfs etc there so more than welcome. Excels too i guess... Nah, i'm happy to have anybody along in anything if they're keen; i 'm not prejudice when it comes to what you bring to the track, getting out there is a win in my book.

Unless you act like a complete knob once you're out there and get my passenger rights revoked of course. Then i don't like you at all. But that doesn't happen very often.

Wait, there's an Excel one-make series??!!?! ...the fuck?!?!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Just started in NSW this year. Inaugural round was at Wakefield last Sunday.
    My car's not eligible because of all the mods, but the only 1 I can't undo is the seam welding

Dunno if this will work:
    NSW Excel Racing Championship Series - 14/4/13 MRA Wakefield Park - Inaugural Excel racing - YouTube

NSW Excel Racing Championship Series - Wakefield Park 14/4/13 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by wagonist View Post
    Just started in NSW this year. Inaugural round was at Wakefield last Sunday.
    My car's not eligible because of all the mods, but the only 1 I can't undo is the seam welding
    "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying..."
    Bending the rules and breaking a few minor ones is part and parcel of motorsport

Unless they are weight penalising skinny drivers seam welding wont make much of a difference, just sika and paint over it and if asked, "its a repairable write off, some dodgy lebo **** did the work when welding in bits from another car" lol

Yeah i'd be trying to slide it through, there's really fuckall benefit particularly once you're caged. I was thinking more the "carn!?!" route to get an exemption or something while the fledgling series is trying to get off the ground. Though - i didn't watch the videos - if they've already got fields of 50+ cars that might not work so well. They don't, do they?? If an mx-5 one-make series struggles, i don't want to live on this planet anymore if an excel series booms.
    Toymods Club Member

loves hi RPMS Backyard Mechanic

i hae run into a small issue which is making it hard to get down there, however i am doing all i can to rectify said issue ASAP.
    N/A for life...

Being vague just makes me want to ask, but i'll show restraint for now... i look forward to hearing of your successful rectification.
    Toymods Club Member

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

It has been rectified by me driving his sprinter down in return for mooching a few laps (i'll laugh SO much if i post a faster time than you in your own car hockbro)

also garth - i think it's time i called in a return favour and got to pedal the rolla for a few laps too. you got to skid the sil80 last time after all
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Sounds liscense related....

Yeah i was chuckling the same thing. Unlucky for some. Or just stupid? Either way, tee hee...

And Vito, sure. Oh and you'll get it less understeery too due to new bushes! (hopefully...) Might have to give Hockerz another run too, i think his run may have been when it wasn't at its best. I am putting some hope in these new bushes removing understeer that has snuck in, i remember it being better. Hopefully it's not the worsened weight distribution when i removed the rear interior...
    Toymods Club Member