Thread: 2jzge w/ 2jzge Harness w/ Aristo ECU w/ Supra TT FFIM w/ Supra TB, High Idle!!

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 2jzge w/ 2jzge Harness w/ Aristo ECU w/ Supra TT FFIM w/ Supra TB, High Idle!!

Greetings from the other side of the pond fellas!

I have picked up a 1993 Soarer (SC300) with a N/A 2jzge that has been freshly rebuilt with all OEM Toyota stuff, ARP head studs, steel head gasket, and this Aristo ECU and Intake manifold.

I have also converted to full sequential 1ZZ coil packs, running off individual ecu outputs, not batch fired.

I am testing a bad Supra TPS in this video trying to get it to idle.

The best way I can explain it is with this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ2_B...OPQ3SQ&index=2

Question: Does this sound like a physical air leak? Does is sound like an electronic problem?

Here is the thread for fitting the FFIM Supra Intake on a GE lower runners:
    http://www.clublexus.com/forums/perf...ck-lowers.html

Any insight guys?

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: 2jzge w/ 2jzge Harness w/ Aristo ECU w/ Supra TT FFIM w/ Supra TB, High Idle!!

pull off the intake hose and block it and see if engine stalls

Default Re: 2jzge w/ 2jzge Harness w/ Aristo ECU w/ Supra TT FFIM w/ Supra TB, High Idle!!

The engine never stalls, it just revs uncontrollably.

I think because of my 2jzgte upper intake bolted to the 2jzge lower, cylinder ports 3 and 4 might be leaking.

I've covered all the other vacuum sources. The EGR by welding shut on the intake side, EGR cooler plate is tight, IAVC is blocked off using a plate, FPR, MAP, and Heater valve are the only vacuum sources, as well as the brake booster but I can't really figure it out.

I also think since I have a few codes, the engine isn't really that happy with me. 13, 21, 41, 55. No o2, No TPS, Knock.

Yikes, back to it.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Well your setup sounds more mixed up than a Tasmanian or in your case someone from the south hehehe

I bet the money u spent getting this to work including rebuilding the motor that it would
    Have been easier to put a 2jzgte in it and keep it std and it prob go much better than your setup

Might be time to go aftermarket ecu

Duct Tape Solves All Conversion King ivandude's Avatar

That is some interesting set up indeed - the SC300 2jzge, on 2jzge wiring, with a aristo ecu, and then jza80 parts, i dont kno how well this is gonna work out but might be worth getting oem stuff from one vehicle and not 4 that expect different functions. i know they are all real similiar, but the wiring can still be really badly done.
    1982 Soarer MZ11 1JZ-GE VVTi build
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    1981-1985 Z10 Soarer Owners International Group
    Former rides ~~ RA65 '85 Celica ~ MA61 '84 Supra ~ JZA80 '98 Aerotop ~ AE101 '92 Levin Toyo4life

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
    I bet the money u spent getting this to work including rebuilding the motor that it would
    Have been easier to put a 2jzgte in it and keep it std and it prob go much better than your setup
    Engine came with the car with 0 miles, I didn't spend anything on it!

Quote Originally Posted by ivandude View Post
    That is some interesting set up indeed - the SC300 2jzge, on 2jzge wiring, with a aristo ecu, and then jza80 parts, i dont kno how well this is gonna work out but might be worth getting oem stuff from one vehicle and not 4 that expect different functions. i know they are all real similiar, but the wiring can still be really badly done.
    sc300 harness is identical almost to Aristo Wiring harness.

I used Wilbo's page a million times to verify my wiring is correct.

I have a broken o2 sensor wire, and a broken knock #2 wire.

Nothing on the harness has been cut, only wires have been added for the coils, and TPS lengthened to reach the FFIM.