Thread: 1JZ JZZ30 wiring into carburetted car. Main relay help + walkthrough?/??

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 1JZ JZZ30 wiring into carburetted car. Main relay help + walkthrough?/??

Nearly about ready to tackle the wiring for putting 1JZ into the MX32 here, would like a bit of help to know if I'm on the right track.

According to Wilbos guide, several ECU pins like C88: 3,7,20,21,22,23 are connected to ground in the ECU. These things are HT, EVAP, ISCV1 to 4 respectively.

So the HT, EVAP, etc have one pin going to ground in the ECU, and the other pin is connected to Main EFI Relay switched power. (+B and +B1 on the ECU also get Main Switched power???) All fine and dandy if the car originally has EFI....

Now C85: 2 (MREL), should go to one side of the Main EFI Relay, and the other side should go to ground...?

So since the MX32 does not have a main EFI relay, do I pull the relay out of the original fusebox, and just use that on it's own? Is it 90987-02004?

If so, the relay has 4 pins labelled from top left to bottom right 2,1,4,3. There is a little diagram on the relay kinda looks like
    |....|
    \...[]
    |....|

so a switch seems to be between 2 and 4, and a square between 1 and three

I've had a look at the first diagram on here:
    http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...CV%29%20Wiring
    and assume that it's the same thing... But doesn't have numbers... It looks like

MREL pin on ECU should connect to 1
    3 should connect to GROUND
    Constant 12v should be going to BATT pin on ECU, and to 2
    4 should then go to +B, +B1, ISCV, HT, EVAP, and everything else that needs Main Relay switched power (can anyone please list for me so I don't miss anything?)

So that makes the Main Relay all wired up correctly... The rest required to get the car to run would be

IGSW pin on the ECU connect to output of CRANK position on key barrel
    (sort out fuel pump stuff)

This gives me a running, idling car. Right? Need to connect the positive terminal of the alternator to + on the battery via a fuse as well I think.?

In short, unless anything listed above is wrong, I will be doing it like:
    -MREL on ECU to #1 on relay
    -Ground to #3 on relay
    -12v to BATT on ECU, and to #2 on relay
    -all things requiring Switched Power to #4 on relay (again plz list for me so I don't forget something stoopid)
    -IGSW on ECU to CRANK on key barrel

-then figure out what the hell to do about fuel. currently have transplanted whole JZZ30 pump into the tank, will need to wire up the FP ECU correctly

Then go through Wilbo's guide on the Engine-Body plugs and connect anything in bold

And then go do fatty single leggers right?

Appreciate any help, insight, etc. I've never really done any wiring before so apologies for rambling or incorrect usage of terms etc.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: 1JZ JZZ30 wiring into carburetted car. Main relay help + walkthrough?/??

Nobody?

10char

Junior Member Grease Monkey stealth's Avatar

Default Re: 1JZ JZZ30 wiring into carburetted car. Main relay help + walkthrough?/??

Hey mang.

Just done a very similar thing in an SA63 celica...

All I did is mount my own relays (didnt try to wire in anything from the halfcut or std relays, just go for aftermarket stuff.) for Fuel Pump, EFI relay, starter, thermos etc.

- M-rel from the ECU is the switch for the relay (i.e. the 4 pins are switch, power in, power out and ground)

- B1 and +B are the power out from the main relay

- IGN is ignition power

- BATT is constant 12v

Thats all the ECU needs from the two right plugs to be happy.

The grey plug with 2 fat pins and a few smaller pins is the key, CF2. This has starter, injector and igniter, fuel power. Idle control is in here somewhere too. The colours of wires help too. These power wires come from main relay output.

Don't stress about fuel pump ECU, just make a safety cut off switch using Wilbo's circuit opening relay...

This page helped me a fair bit, along with wilbo's guide: http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...Diagrams/page3
    JZA63 Celica 13.9 @ 162km/h