Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 8th of March!!

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 8th of March!!

Dneg, intake mods were part of my non-factory management project that was supposed to happen over christmas/summer. Pics are from test fitting, got basically nothing done as was swamped with house mods, family/christmas and my son's 1st birthday and associated preparations (mainly caused the deadline on the house mods). So i put it all back together to standard yesterday afternoon and took it to get rego'd. Which was probably a sensible idea given it was already a month out and there's no guarantee i would've got the ecu etc done within the next two months, let alone then managed to get it rego'd with open trumpets...

So now i can run this week, then go back to ripping off the intake and staring at a not-happening ecu install for another few months. Until i end up in a mad rush for the june wakefield.

Greg, good to hear you got your shit sorted, i was about to start the abusive text messages. At the moment it's you me and steve who are staying - and i think you two are both thursday? Given the low numbers i'm just going to book the alpine heritage in town, or somewhere else if they don't have a room available 2 days out. Should be fine - it's where the other guys stay in town (though they're probably only staying friday night).
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Ok so Alpine is booked in town - Greg/Steve, what do you think the chances are we can make 10pm check-in cutoff? He said he could stay open a bit for us if need be, but i'd really like to not miss it by much. SHOULD be achievable, as long as you slack bastards manage to turn up at the meet on time for once. Steve, am i right you'll be towing at 64km/h again? We might just meet you there...

Oh and i need $10 extra from you both for the room. Sort it out cashmoneywise on the day.
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

Given recent history, maybe you should be the worried one Garth

I also just realised my chances of fitting 4 slicks in the boot of the supra may be questionable... I don't have a solution for this problem yet
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

except possibly driving down on 2 slicks, with 2 in the boot? weather forecast says fine...
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

2 in the boot, 2 in the passenger seat and footwell? Back seats?

Ok, continuing with my assumption Steve won't be convoying with us, Mick and I are now meeting at Neutral Bay at 7:15 - where do you want to join us? We'll be planning on stopping only once for fuel, probably at Marulan. Will probably eat before we leave to limit delays on the way. Still going harbour/M5.
    Toymods Club Member

I'll be joining the M5 just after the tunnel, at bexley Rd. Suggestions on a quick meet-up point near there?

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

If you were closer to Penrith I might have been able to take them down for you on the trailer or in the wagon but you are a bit far away. I am running around all over the place tomorrow.

the most annoying moment of an oil change - when you finish draining the oil and THEN realise you don't have the extra oil OR filter you thought you did.

SIGH

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Greg,
    I've got go to Haberfield to pick up the Excel & will be heading off from there. You still in the same place? I can pick up your 2 tyres in the arvo. What time will you be there from?
    Alternatively, you could leave them at my place there in the morning. Behind the trailer in the driveway should be safe enough. Better than Blacktown :-p

And what's this 64km/h crap. Just not prepared to add a 1 in front of that.
    Can do 10pm no worries.

Wasn't sure, thought i remembered last time you weren't keen on/able to keep up? Now we've got a deadline i expected you to not try. We really only need to get one of us there to check in anyway. Happy for you to tag along of course. Where do you want to pick us up?

Greg, i don't really mind, do you want to sit somewhere and jump on the m5 when we call and pick us up as we come through, or do you need us to pull off and find you?

Happy to call/msg progress (as usual) as it'll be a somewhat fluid plan (as usual...)
    Toymods Club Member

I think that was when it was a bit wet Still can't keep up going up & down the hills near Mittagong anyway. One of these years I'm going to get my trailer fixed with a 2nd axle...

Last year I had stuff on Thurs nights, but that's changed for this year so I can be earlier.

Anyone believe the weather forecast? Dunno whether to get some street tyres fitted to my 15s just in case it's wet or not.

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

Have fun mother truckers
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Thanks ladybits - how's your car going? Any danger of it turning a wheel in anger any time soon?
    Toymods Club Member

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

Unfortunetly not. I have too many money sucking priorities at this stage. I dont even have kids!!!!

A cressida may make it one day for giggles, only once the works are completed. Converting it back to a tow car and adding some extra charge.

Looking at an mx5 too for cheap track days.
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.