Thread: 1ggte low power!!

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 1ggte low power!!

Hi, i need help with my 1ggte, engine starts up fine and idles ok, but it has bugger all power under load. Feels like the turbo isnt boosting. I done a bit of checking and replacing of parts to try to fault find but its still has no improvement. i replaced knock sensors from another iggte, with no improvements, did injector clean also, adjusted the tps nothing. I checked the timing and its at 5 degrees. I know a lot of people are saying it should be at 10 degrees, but its still shouldn't make it run like this. Theres no boost or vac leak. no exhaust leaks.New spark plug installed.

I did notice that while the engine is running if i remove either the spark lead or injector line from the rear cylinder of the engine it idles bad (suppose to since the injectors are not getting fuel), but the front two cylinder makes no change to idle if i remove either spark lead or injector cable, seems like it running on 4 cylinder. I removed the spark plug in from front 2 cylinder and they are wet from fuel but seem like theres no carbon or burn marks from fuel burning. But its getting spark from the the dizzy. Very strange.

Hope someone can help.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: 1ggte low power!!

I have no solution for you but it sounds similar to my issue. Can you tell us bit more about the engine/car?

Is it stock?
    Is it original equipment for the car or is it a conversion?
    Was it previously running properly?
    What has been changed/happened?
    What about the price of eggs?
    Wont someone think of the children.

I have checked on mine so far and probably you could do likewise;

Changed dizzy rotor (1ggte have a fairly unique setup, best described in my mind as the single rotor having two circuits, each feeding 3 cylinders)
    Tried to check ECU error codes (I can't get the CEL to light up)
    Wiring Issue (in my case something in the conversion process went belly up I suspect).
    ECU Fault.

I haven't a solution yet but I will update my thread when/if I do and I'll try to remember this one.

Its a stock engine, put in an ra28 celica, only mode done is front mount intercooler, pod filter and 2.5" exhaust, i bought the engine from a wrecker in perth. told it was running engine. Yeah i want to try another, ECU, AFM, TPS, and dizzy and see if helps, just gota fine someone who has the parts i can test. not a lot of people i know have them. I do have another dizzy from a gen 1, i will test with that one.

The old One Backyard Mechanic

Have you checked to determine if a fault code has been set. Sounds a little like limp home mode.

Craig

No i havent checked fault, im not too sure on how to check, i dont have the right tool to make a diagnostic.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/tec...zy-wiring.html

(courtesy of Auto351 at the bottom of the thread).

Should set you right. Requires no special equipment.