Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toymods at "Motorfest" Australia Day - Saturday January 26th 2013

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

Default Re: Toymods at "Motorfest" Australia Day - Saturday January 26th 2013

Just remembered I had a bunch of toymods wind screen sashes. Do we want to bring the flags and some cards?

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

I didn't take any pics, but I think Keanu did.

It was a good day, as always. The number of vehicles was down when compared to previous years, but the crowds and on-lookers were still the same. We met up at the usual spot and convoyed into the city. It was a long day as we had to meet up at 7-7:15am to drive to the show and the show remained opened until 5pm. I was fearful the weather would turn nasty around midday but this didn't happen and it was a warm, humid day.

Toymods cars always look great and add to that our considerable good looks, it was hard for people not to pool about and talk about old Toyotas, ask about the Club and walk away with a Club flyer. The number of people who, in their earlier days, tell me they used to have an RA25 is incredible. I would assume this model, being owned by so many, that there would be plenty of spare parts and bits & pieces about, but alas there isn't.

We had a good location, parked on the west side of Macquarie St, just opposite the Sydney Hospital. Trees covered us with shade in the morning and the awning of the shop fronts protected us after midday. We were next to the coffee shops, so there was no shortage of hydration and food during the day. Also an Ambo coming into Sydney Hospital collected the rear quarter of a nice old Corona - not sure the actual model number, but it's that lovely red classic with number 23 and Betty Boop on the side. Farky ran after the ambo and got it sorted. I wish I had of seen the big old fella run, as it would of been an impressive sight. Fortunately the ambo had a de-fib unit and oxygen in case required after such a tortuous 20 metre gallop of our lovable old friend.

Coming home was eventful for me as in Market St a taxi pulled out, and I hit the brakes and missed him by inches. Then, at Epping, some L-plate clown cut me off to turn right and that also required a hefty push on the brakes.

All in all however, another great day. Great cars, good company, plenty of eye candy for the mechanical and biologically minded, and the Toymods gang are always fun to be with.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

If it'd been more than 20 metres I'd have definitely needed the de fib and oxygen. As it was I needed the following day to get over all that exercise.

Cheers, Greg.

Toymods Club Member Grease Monkey Jeri's Avatar

missed out this year.... woke up that morning to a very sick daughter with high temps and my wife was not feeling 100% either, family came first this time.....
    next year...
    hope you all had fun...
    MY TA22 (Now in PRIMER)
    MY KE20 (New pics)
    1975 TA22 Toyota Celica. Working Process
    1974 KE20 Toyota Corolla. In mint original condition

I hope your daughter recovered quickly Jeri, I had both my daughters in hospital last week and it scares me to see them suffering when they are not well.

Leo came along, mentioned he was a mate of yours. I hope he enjoyed the day.

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by river View Post
    Also an Ambo coming into Sydney Hospital collected the rear quarter of a nice old Corona - not sure the actual model number, but it's that lovely red classic with number 23 and Betty Boop on the side. Farky ran after the ambo and got it sorted
    This one (with Takumi Jr at the wheel)?

A shame, that was a really nice car...hopefully it isn't too badly damaged
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Hi Hiro,

Yes it was that one. Damage was not minor but easily fixed by a decent panel beater. The owner is insured with Shannons so he has choice of repairer and a lifetime guarantee on the repairs so all should be as pain free as these things get.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

A few pics to go with Rivers writeup.

Chris's Stout

Greg's cute lil Tiara

Purple RA28

Rivers RA25GT looking sweet on it's shiny Work equips

Schmitts angry little TA22

My TA22 - Frosty

Daves RA23 - The purple poo

Rods TA23 - The Colonel

Leo's Corolla

Gregs belly scraping Crown

And a general scene of the lineup during the day

I had a great day. Plenty of people happy to look admire and chat. The old Toyotas seem to keep everyone interested. Well except for the smacked out hippie who put shit on us for not recycling our old cars. Was he one of your mates River?

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

I didn't see him, but if I did I would of told him to piss off.

Me and Farky were more impressed by the drunk Muslim conversationalist.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

He kept coming back for more too.

Cheers, Greg.

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Its on again people. Be Quick, its a SUNDAY so spots will fill up quickly !

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/sho...47#post1555747
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.