Thread: 2/3T Hybrid **Turbo or N/A?**

Im to handsome to be a Domestic Engineer ctrain's Avatar

Default 2/3T Hybrid **Turbo or N/A?**

Ive been thinking about this all month, i have a reco 2t head and a 3t block sitting in the shed, and im having seconded thoughts on going turbo, reasons are that im on my p's, it will cost alot more then N/A and that theres much more work involved, on the other hand i could go N/A which means awesome sounding twin carbs, tough lumpy cam, high comp pistons and all less illegal then having a turbo, but i will never reach high HP with it being N/A where as if i go turbo i will reach those desired figures.

Should I spend more money and go turbo but will take longer to build or go N/A, opinions would be really helpfull!!

oh btw i have about 3k to spend on this engine

Cheers,
    Callum

Nothing but a Backyard Mechanic caam's Avatar

Default Re: 2/3T Hybrid **Turbo or N/A?**

Build what you would rather...

Although if you're chasing a tough high horse power 2T (regardless of turbo or NA) I would budget more then 3 grand,
    A fairly standard complete rebuild with 9.8 comp original pistons cost me $3200 on my 2TG - and I will be spending alot more on my current turbo build.

That being said I have a 3tgte original manifold and turbo in VGC you could be off me if you're interested in going turbo

Cam
    SR20DET TA23

Oil Gorilla & Backyard Mechanic jb_22's Avatar

Default Re: 2/3T Hybrid **Turbo or N/A?**

You can always run the motor NA then turbo it later, just take it into mind when rebuilding the motor.