Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 9th of November!!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 9th of November!!

The throwing of the ramps and stuffing rubbish was a bit below the belt but there were quite a few people (including fellow drifters) staying at the Pelican that night...............
    Everything else is part and parcel of cars, alcohol and shenanigans. If you take that shit to heart you need to toughen up.

Get a rotor Grease Monkey ATMO_BT1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post

The throwing of the ramps and stuffing rubbish was a bit below the belt but there were quite a few people (including fellow drifters) staying at the Pelican that night...............
    Everything else is part and parcel of cars, alcohol and shenanigans. If you take that shit to heart you need to toughen up.
    For sure, I love to party and I've been around cars long enough to know that most involved love to sink piss and talk shit once the day's over - inevitably not everyone gets along 100% (although on the night I didn't realize we had a problem!). However, under no circumstances do I feel that messing with somebody else's pride and joy and then gloating about it on the internet is reflective of good character, especially unprovoked. If anyone had touched the ISF or the Corolla belonging to the pair I expect they would have felt the same. The other 7 drifters that stayed at the Pelican that night are friends of ours.

This is my only issue and I apologize if without the context of having stood around the track for hours trying to work out where your ramps went so you could load up your dead car up and go home, it seems silly and unworthy of being made mention. I hope you can understand what a shit situation that was to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by ATMO_BT1 View Post
    However, under no circumstances do I feel that messing with somebody else's pride and joy and then gloating about it on the internet is reflective of good character
    I agree, its poor form and I would like to think that we had nothing to do with it but without being there I cant really comment.
    Competitive and argumentative automotive banter is fair game for all parties involved though but nobody really takes it seriously. You gotta give it and take it

Most drifters are decent enough people behind all the EADC and pedobear stickers lol

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

ps: having the dates for the whole of next year is AWESOME - thanks Garth
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Jack, i understand where you're coming from and i don't think anybody here was gloating about anything - it sounds like the shenanigans were done with no damage done to prides and joy, even through the skewed-judgement haze of many hours of drinking, but time wasted obviously compounded the hassles of breaking your car the next day. It's a shame things ended on a sour note, hopefully if we meet you guys down there again there won't be a repeat and we can clear up a few of the 1J port sizing and S14 spec issues in a more sober manner.

Some long-overdue uploads as requested;

The IS-F
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba-O5gMhLlU

The AE86
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RGs31aiwoQ

Returning the favour to Xero
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcBrWlGy4Tw

The AE93 (and PB)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYSZLkl2pSw
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

just listening to the commentary - Matt - no LSD in the IS-F?!
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

No, the 2008 to 2010 models used an electronic assist that actuated one side of the rear brakes to create an lsd effect. Works ok but they put a torsen in sometime in 2010, tweaked the suspension and gained a couple of seconds a lap at fuji speedway. OS Giken make a nice two way, it's on the list
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Some advice please.
    Decided that the Excel has gone far enough (some would probably say about time) and there's not really point in pursuing it further. Got some leads on offloading the modified bits & then the whole car, but that's not the issue.
    I've got my eye on something that's already race dedicated and prepared, and even though the starting point is prob twice the power, better engine swaps are readily available, proven, and easily done. And there's a choice of a few of the same vehicle.
    But having never bought a dedicated race car, how do you check if its a good one or not? It's not like you take it for a spin around the block. I doubt the police would consider a trade plate covering that

Suggestions?

No different from buying at an auction, ask lots of questions, look at everything and factor in potential failures. If everything checks out, car has a good history and your willing to accecpt that you may have to spend a little if need be, buy it.

But yeah, go for a spin round the block or up his street kinda thing. What's the odds of a HWP seeing you?

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

I spose I can check. Obviously, I can't borrow it for a track day. At least I've never heard of any of them going bang, despite the abuse dealt out. And if it does, then that's when the engine upgrade would happen
    They only thing I want to have to spend money on for it is a hydro handbrake.

The car's in a pretty public area (on a main road), not that far from the P. Station...

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

CAMS logbook? At least then it will have an event history and major modifications recorded for homologation.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member