Thread: UZA80 Conversion

Forum Member

Default UZA80 Conversion

Hi Guys,
    wasn't sure where to post this so i put it here, ok, so i bought a 1994 toyota supra aerotop auto and happened to pick up a 1991 toyota soarer UZZ30, seeing as i was bored and off work i decided to do the UZA80 conversion, it took me 2 weeks to fully complete. here's the problem, the engine ran fine without missing in the soarer but once i turned it over in the supra it has a constant miss, there's plenty of fuel and spark on all cyls so i'm not sure where it came from, on top of this when i switch the car off it doesn't actually turn off and neither the speedo or tacho read at all. i've done my best to trace what wiring i can for it but i can't seem to find any problems with it. Any help would be awesome.

Estranged Member Chief Engine Builder mullett's Avatar

Default Re: UZA80 Conversion

So when you turn the ignition key off, power remains to the ECU, injectors, coils etc? Sounds like the main relay hasn't been wired correctly?

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: UZA80 Conversion

its def your wiring
    tacho will need a booster and a signal converter if u want it to be accurate

speedo u prob didnt wire it right

miss should be easy to find
    first find which cylinder is not working
    thats if its got a miss at idle
    maybe u wired up the fuel used wire from one of the injector triggers to somewhere
    where it should not be

these things take a long time to wire up
    cause u need to add the alt wiring and the steering solenoid wiring and tacho booster and maybe trick the a/c