Thread: RT142 corona diff

Forum Member

Default RT142 corona diff

Hey guys I got a rt142 corona, i recently broke the diff and have been looking everywhere to get one with no luck. So I was wondering what Diffs are interchangable?? its non IRS version with disc brakes

cheers Ash...

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: RT142 corona diff

Either replace it & leave it stock or check out the Volvo 240 option, not a straight forward fit & would require obviously swapping over brackets etc,etc, but a very strong option & LSD's are available for them, i think the width should be ok ?? ..

There is some discussion on that option on this forum ...

I spoke to a diff guy some years ago & he said the Volvo axles in his opinion are almost bullet proof for what they are ..

What sort of motor are you running ?? i had a 1jzgte RT142 Corona some years ago & it had a stock diff in it & was a very quick car for what it was, the guy i bought it off had blown up a couple of diffs but i never killed one in the 3-4 years i had it, so it all really depends on how you drive it ...

Forum Member

I want to know what diffs are straight swap upgrade I've heard some g series hilux diffs and ra60 diffs bolt straight in but I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything else... And if the hilux diff does fit am I able to keep using the disc brakes off my car... Just to clarify its a rt142 avante with the Borg Warner 23 spine diff with disc brakes...

Forum Member

Anyone?? Could you post relevant links so I can work out wtf I'm doin

New to Toyota's any info would be a great help I've searced and its just painful goin thru every single thing from my phone

Even a list of diffs that fit would be great its not IRS either, so far all I know is ra60 diff but yathink I can find one :/