Thread: Any knowledge or experiences on this short shift kit?

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Any knowledge or experiences on this short shift kit?

Good afternoon all.
    I am looking for a short shift kit for my AE93 SX Seca.
    But i hear alot of horror stories about short shift kits being terrible and actually making it harder to select.

Does anyone know anything about the particular one in the link bellow?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150717745...84.m1438.l2649

Pretty good price but that is a worry in itself. The whole get what you pay for thing?

Alot of people complain about the throw and feel of there boxes i must be lucky for its age still feels reasonably smooth with no sloppy play in it but still wouldnt mind something to help make it feel a little more sporty on the shifts.

Cheers any information would be great.

Your mum is a Conversion King TERRA Operative's Avatar

Default Re: Any knowledge or experiences on this short shift kit?

It's probably alright. It looks like they have extended the lower part under the ball, so you may find you need to use some washers or spacers to lift the shifter cradle up a bit so the shifter arm won't foul the chassis. No big deal. You need to do the same with the TRD ones too (They come with the spacers).
    Bear in mind as well, that the length of your shift knob will have an effect too. short spherical ones will mean less throw than a big long dildo.

You can also replace the rubber bushes where the shifter cables attach to the gearbox linkages with ball bearings for tighter shifts, and also replace the rubber shifter cradle mounts with metal ones too.

It just so happens that I have the bearings and aluminium mounts sitting here brand new and unused. PM me if you are interested....

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Any knowledge or experiences on this short shift kit?

Cheers mate.
    Definately interested in all that. Been searching for someone with that kit for ages.
    Everyone I want to buy things off lives in another state as I'm hopeless with fittings haha.

Pm sent