Hey all, looking to see if i can get some advice, wisdom and some insight into a possible conversion for my 1975 MS85 Crown SE.

Crown is currently running stock standard, 4M, with 3 speed automatic, rear drums and front disc, new(ish) suspension with everything all 100% original, yea 37 year old Clarion stereo and AM only tuner, and venision blinds, thats how original it is!

Now, from what Ive been seeing on here, and other club boards, people seem to be recommending a swap to 7M-GE or non VVTI 2JZ.

Honestly, Im not fussed over if its auto or manual. But I do need good economy as it IS going to be my daily, but it would be nice for it to have that nice reserve of power to have fun when I go for cruises or take it up the tracks.

Ill be back in Tassie when I start all of the work, Ive got a few friends to help me do most of the labour, anything too technical or difficult, will be going to the shops to be done.

I imagine doing the job with a half cut would be the best way, but Im open to ideas.

Yes or no's whats and whys welcome!