Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 2AZFE into AE86

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: 2AZFE into AE86

I still haven't dyno tuned but the car is going epicly. Its got a fat top end like it never had before, its happier to sit in the high rpm band and bounce around, limiter bash, whatever where it felt like you were being unsympathetic before it now loves it. Even with a 3.58:1 final drive I wish I could pull another thousand rpm but there's no way without meeting rodney. Somebody emailed me and said dont try to run to 7000 as they met Rodney at that RPM.

I Installed the AE86 oil pressure sender and have lit up that gauge instead of the warning light, and oil pressure readings were equivalent to about where the ae86 4ag reads. I've had no lost pressure events or seen any bad behaviour. Oil temps are concerning in warmer conditions, so I will install an oil cooler ASAP. I saw 120 degrees even with the factory oil cooler.

Stripped my auction Camry and removed a 78k 2az to put into this while I strip and modify the engine that's in it. Its described above what I plan to do. Nothing has changed except I have arp flywheel bolts to use with it.

Did some more work on the ITB manifold. Added vacuum taps to the Adapter plate section for sync purposes. I drilled some drain holes so it doesn't hold water when you wash it. Port matched the end of a vacuum fitting that stuck in too far. Did a full bench set-up on the throttles so I can be assured the manifold isn't bunk when I'm trying to get a different engine to run with it. Ports are very ugly in some areas and Im excited to tidy them up. For some odd reason, all the castings of the engine in the car of of supreme quality compared to the ones Ive seen on all other 2azfes. The top cover looks almost cnc its such a good casting wheras the others are just normal rough looking castings. Its odd is all. Im not saying its a special engine, its just an unopened stock camry motor, but fuck its just so well cast.

So got a defect for the bonnet, knob and roll cage padding. Its all fixed now. Made a Pentagonal cap for the bonnet, looks cool.

Once again spent 10 minutes of my life trying to add images. Resized to correct size, nothing, use basic uploader, nothing. Just the same IO error 500. I could fuckin slap whoever has failed to do the updatesd on this forum.
    Last edited by LittleRedSpirit; 16-01-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    So got a defect for the bonnet, knob and roll cage padding. Its all fixed now. Made a Pentagonal cap for the bonnet, looks cool.

Once again spent 10 minutes of my life trying to add images. Resized to correct size, nothing, use basic uploader, nothing. Just the same IO error 500. I could fuckin slap whoever has failed to do the updatesd on this forum.
    put up on tinypic or similar?

or [ img] rollacub pic direct link [/img]
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

What a pain. I do prefer your new look bonnet though. The old one did scream for attention from the authorities.

I'd better go remove my momo shiftknob.

So I checked over the car and found low fuel pressure. I simply adjusted it up. I think I need to keep an eye on it as the tomei reg seemed to adjust down over time. Anyhow, the car is like a new machine, I remember reading you need at least 45 psi or the injectors wont cause correct atomisation on the 2azfe, so i think that was my issue. Its got a fat torque curve everywhere like it never had before. F series diff is hating life.