Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation??

Yes I'm a Girl & I'm a Grease Monkey NicC's Avatar

Default Reputation??

What is this reputation thingy going on? I have a reputation of 10, but i have noticed some people have more & some have less. What is it all about- who decides this? What effects a persons rep?

A lot of questions, i know but i don't understand it. I'm not concerned about my rep but i do want to know what its about. If other people are rating us or if it has something to do with our posts.

That's about it- Thanks.
    Nicola Blake
    AE112R Corolla Sportivo.

Previous Ride
    AE92 Corolla Seca, AE112R Corolla Seca.

Teh Massif Dong Carport Converter BlackSupra's Avatar

Default Re: Reputation??

Yep, everyone is rating your posts.

You start with 10 and work your way up with informative posts that other users beleive are beneficial, or if you post dribble you will be negatively ranked.

Top right of the post is a set of scales and that is how you leave reputation feedback for the other user.

Will help for things like sales when you are highly regarded by the community and thus trusted, people will be more willing to deal with yourself.

Look at the reputation of stitt and old corollas.

I think the majority of reputation will be generated from posts in the tech forum.

Ok, cool. Thanks Glen. I just placed the mouse on the scales & it confirmed what u said. I just never really paid much attention to them before- I'm going to boost yours for that!

I noticed Old Corollas rep- very impressive!
    Last edited by NicC; 12-12-2005 at 09:28 PM.
    Nicola Blake
    AE112R Corolla Sportivo.

Previous Ride

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

yep, reputation is almost like everyone is a moderator.... everyone has the ability to give feedback on an individual post, and depending on the persons "rep power level" effect your rep points accordingly.

That is, someone with a high rep power will have a bigger effect, and someone on the base level will have no effect.

Just click this button - - above someone's post, and you can leave your reputation feedback.

Read the FAQ for how reputation really works
    Last edited by The Witzl; 16-12-2005 at 01:44 PM.
    ...... butt scratcher?!

That's pretty good. I just hope people wont abuse this feature.
    Nicola Blake
    AE112R Corolla Sportivo.

Previous Ride

read the FAQ, it's pretty hard to abuse it!
    ...... butt scratcher?!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

witzl I have sent you a pm regarding reputation.

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

is that becuase yours is 8?
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

Possibly I don't necessarily dispute oldcorollas though he did misinterpret what I meant and I have since edited my post to clarify this but the other one doesn't make sense as there is no comment at all just a negativce feedback.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

as for my point of view, i am not a moderator of the tech section, but i will give negative feedback without hesitation for any post that is not helpful or informative or assists in discussion.

there is no place in the tech section for comedians... unless there is some technical content to help the thread.

there is no place in the tech section for one liners that are not relevant or helpful.

there is no place in the tech sections for comments that do not assist the discussion in any way.

i will give negative feedback without remorse in the above situations.

these are my personal views and i hope this will give people cause to stop and think before they post, or else when they recieve negative feedback, they think about why it was earnt. all negative feedback is earnt

afaik, once feedback is given for a post, it cannot be retracted or changed, and can only be balanced by other peoples feedback, and you can only give one person feedback once in 15 days.
    Cya, Stewart
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

I'm with stu. this is a chance to keep the size of the tech section threads to as small and concise as possible (references to man-love will not attract negative feedback from me)
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Voting for reputation is limmited to 10 votes per day.

There is a minimum of 15 votes in between instances of voting for the same user.

The above are the two major fundamentals of the reputation system that prevent it from being abused.

Dont forget that as well as giving someone negative feedback for a wasted post in the tech section, everyone should be giving positive reputation to someone who posts a valuable contribution to a topic, thread, or discussion.
    I think i've given out at least 30 positive rep feedbacks in the tech section to people who have made a really good thread or post.

Keep voting people, it's the only way!
    ...... butt scratcher?!

Junior Member Carport Converter

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    as for my point of view, i am not a moderator of the tech section, but i will give negative feedback without hesitation for any post that is not helpful or informative or assists in discussion.

there is no place in the tech section for comedians... unless there is some technical content to help the thread.

there is no place in the tech section for one liners that are not relevant or helpful.

there is no place in the tech sections for comments that do not assist the discussion in any way.

i will give negative feedback without remorse in the above situations.

these are my personal views and i hope this will give people cause to stop and think before they post, or else when they recieve negative feedback, they think about why it was earnt. all negative feedback is earnt

afaik, once feedback is given for a post, it cannot be retracted or changed, and can only be balanced by other peoples feedback, and you can only give one person feedback once in 15 days.
    Cya, Stewart
    amen to this!

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic Evan's Avatar

ahahah this forum is fucken hilarius
    1986 JDM AE86 GT Apex panda coupe
    1997 JDM AE111 Trueno
    1983 AE86 hatch GZE
    1984 AE71 5sp
    1998 JZX100 TRD

AE86 Tuning Life Backyard Mechanic Garth AE86's Avatar

it's an idea that will only work if everyone utilizes it.
    in a forum where people cant be bothered to even use correct punctuation i can't see it being widely used unfortunately.

unless that is for someone to just knock you back a point 'cos they are feeling like a prick that day..
    Garth - 100% AE86 Addict
    AE86 - Levin & Trueno - The Legends Live On!
    'AE86' - Toyota Sprinter Trueno GTV

"It's not a street car if you can't drive it on the street. The car has to be safe and fast on any road condition" - Keiichi Tsuchiya