Thread: "HELP" gen3 1G-GTE 44mm crank, rod bearings "are" mark 3,4, or 5 bearings?

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice fatRA28's Avatar

Default "HELP" gen3 1G-GTE 44mm crank, rod bearings "are" mark 3,4, or 5 bearings?

Hi,

I need to locate crank bearings, either a correct part number or the type of bearing being mark 3, mark4 or mark5.

Toyota says mark 3 and 4 are discontinued, and so far all i know is gen3 is 44mm crank and not the 42mm.
    Other bearings available to me at the moment involve a crank regrind.They are asking for the stamp of mk3,4, or 5 but all the bearing has is "GTE D8K" stamped on it and the rod, a number associated with its position. Car is "88" GA-70

Any help much appreciated,

Kind Regards.

Default Re: "HELP" gen3 1G-GTE 44mm crank, rod bearings "are" mark 3,4, or 5 bearings?

I`m also reading, . . no other vehecles bearing will fit the 44mm crank, but in the posts there is still no mention if these bearings are available as genuine and also which ones they are, eg, mk 3 4 or 5.

Default Re: "HELP" gen3 1G-GTE 44mm crank, rod bearings "are" mark 3,4, or 5 bearings?

Perhaps someone can answer this? The conrod is marked with a number 5, and other posts i have read have stated other conrods marked with 3`s and 4`s,

one in particular mentioned a spun bearing on a conrod marked 3 where all others were marked 4, being i would think the 3 bearing did not match the crank, so the question, . . .

how possible is it the conrod is also "directly" relating to the bearing type/size ? eg, rod with 5 stamp for the later 44mm crank 1ggte will be a mark5 bearing???, whereas . . . earlier

1g`s used 3 or 4 conrods with the 42mm crank, yet to also confirm the actual mark? number bearings that were used with those.

Ok, . . . Toyota has informed me that now the mark5 bearings are also unavailable from japan and are discontinued.

I guess i can only ask what people are using now on the 44mm crank and having the crank machined to that size.
    I read with the 42mm crank, people are using parts from lexus or is200 etc but not found mention yet of what people have used with the 44mm.

Any infos will be appreciated lol, i feel like im talking to myself bahahaha.

Kind Regards.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

why not just get the crank ground to common sizes (for bearing caps and big-ends), get the rod ends re-sized, then use ACL or similar bearings to suit? (e.g. I had the crank in my 3S ground under-sized and supplied back to me with ACL bearings to suit).
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

Ok thank you , i guess rather than purchasing parts, the engineer may be able to supply something to suit the degree of their grind, just wasnt sure if they did that sort of stuff or just did the grind and hand it back for us to sort out.
    Cheers.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

get the workshop to supply bearings - much safer (unless they're extremely dodgy/cheap).
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

"it went up in a jiffy" Conversion King Kedderz's Avatar

In the past people get their gen3 crank machined to accept a 42mm bearing from a 4k supplied by ACL.
    RA23 - Twincharged
    JZZ20 - Daily

Toymods Club Member Backyard Mechanic auto351's Avatar

I got my GEN3 from NDC bearings PART# CB-1433A STD the box is marked "1G-EU"

http://www.ndcenginebearing.com/pdf/TOYOTA.pdf