Thread: 1jz-gte Fuel Injector wiring

Forum Member

Default 1jz-gte Fuel Injector wiring

Hi, im new to the forum here and ive come unstuck so i thought id ask for some help. Ive got an R32 skyline that ive just put a 1jz-gte non vvti. The motor, wiring loom and ECU are all out of a soarer. I have none of the relays or body loom out of the soarer.
    Working off this pinout :
    http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...JZZ30%20Soarer
    On plug C88 I have power at pins #10 and #20 which are injectors 1&4 and 3&5, and they are operating fine. However at pin #30 which is injectors 2&6 i have no power. At the injector plugs for 2&6 i have power to one pin and nothing at the other. I also have continuity between the ECU and the injector plugs.
    Can anyone help me as to where pin #30 picks up power from? Im hoping its not a fault in the ECU as i thought they were all powered from the same source, but i hope im wrong.
    Thanks

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Default Re: 1jz-gte Fuel Injector wiring

It sounds to me as if you haven't connected power to both the pins that power the fuel injectors!

Power is supplied to the fuel injectors on pins 3 AND 7 of the following plug

Also shown on this drawing,
    http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/file/f...7105%203-6.png

Cheers
    Wilbo
    Wilbo's Wiki (Includes 2JZ-GTE Wiring, etc! )

Wilbo's JZA80
    Wilbo's JZZ12

Forum Member

Thanks for the reply wilbo. I just went and checked and i have both of these pins connected to power, hence all the other injectors working i assume? Does pin #30 have a seperate power source?

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

all the # pins are injector triggers so this means the ecu grounds them
    but with ign on and power to injectors u should measure 12vs to the # pins because the
    power goes thru the injector then back down the # wires
    so if u do not measure 12vs down some of the wires then the injectors are either open circuit or the plugs are not on the injector

it might be work unplugging all injectors and supplying a power and ground to the injector pins to get them to click
    sort of like jump starting them so u can check that they work and are not stuck

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Can you try unplugging all the injectors (Note it's importantant thay you unplugged them ALL before checking for power at each individual injector plug), and then checking for power at each injector plug...

I have a feeling that you might only have power at injectors 1, 3 and 5... !

If all the injectors have 12v on the 2 pin, the next thing to check is that you have continuity from the 1 pin of the cyl 2 and cyl 6 injectors back to the engine ecu #30 pin (this wire maybe open circuit)...

Another possibility is that both the cyl 2 and cyl 6 injectors have gone open circuit, you can measure the resistance of them while the plugs are off. And the clicking test that dumbass suggests is also worth doing.

Cheers
    Wilbo
    Wilbo's Wiki (Includes 2JZ-GTE Wiring, etc! )

Wilbo's JZA80
    Wilbo's JZZ12

Forum Member

Thanks for the help guys! Dont know what happened but now all the injectors are working fine... cars ey? Mustve had a bad connections at one of the plugs is what im thinking. thanks anyway!