Thread: 2JZ camshaft help

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice kingd's Avatar

Default 2JZ camshaft help

Gday all, Im just wondering if anyone here can direct me to any threads comparing 2JZ cam upgrades or pass on any experience/advice.

I have a stock non-vvti 2JZ GTE using an R154 that's been given a freshen up with genuine gaskets, acl bearings, NPR rings and stock diameter ARP head studs, I run a GT35R and 48mm waste gate with the stock plenum, modified stock diameter tb, 800cc denso's and EMS ecu.

Im chasing a set of drop in cams to lift mid range and help top end abit with out ruining the bottom end response to much (not looking to rev the motor to hard, Ive set the limiter at 6700rpm atm). I run the motor at about 17-19psi on pump 98.

Any info/links would be great.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: 2JZ camshaft help

if your not looking at reving your engine then go the 264s dropin cams. you should be sweet with stock vavle springs as long as your engine is good. anything bigger and ull need better springs. brand depends on you i guess. brain crower seem to be a good price atm and from what i hear seem to be good or you can pay for the hks and get ripped for something that proven to be good.
    10.0sec Cressida (SOLD) current build- caged ke38, 2jz, Glide, 42gtx, 9"