Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

its easier to send ecu to George and bypass security
    2 less things in the system

only reason to go with immob ecu and key is if u want some sort of security
    or if u have a complete set

an immob ecu is easily over 200 or 300 bucks
    a key reader is around 150 bucks
    then u need to find the correct keys

once u have a new or virgin ecu or immob ecu
    the first key it reads when ign is turned on is the master
    then u can use techstream to read the next 2 I think
    I know on fords u need 2 keys programmed before u can exit the key programming sequence

I have the Toyota immobiliser/security cd so ill have to load it up and se what it says
    but it wont have the 3uz in there so ill have to find something similar

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

Another 3uz conversion! With true duals exhaust this time
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

Jesus. That engine in that shitbox - sleeper to the max!

Even just on trailing throttle past the camera, so many loves xx

ps: needs moar LSD
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    ps: needs moar LSD
    If it was my car, it would have one ))
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Hey George, have you any idea what the pressure might be on the power steer pump 3UZ LS430 (2002)
    I am using the Lexus pump to power the Porsche 928 rack. the nominal output on a Porsche PS pump is 70 bar( later models were stamped 100bar- SHEEEEIIIIT!-is there a decimal point in there that I've missed?)
    The Lexus had electric boosted rack, so I suspect the PS pump had not that big an output.
    The combination Lexus pump, Porsche rack is a bit too heavy at speed, and power assist non existant at low speed- and real bad heavy when parking.
    Is there any way to increase the Lexus pump pressure ?
    Or.... will any of the earlier non electric assist pumps swap in?
    I think (not sure) that I may have got the pressure up a little by removing the "clamp over" restrictor that is on the high pressure hose just below the low speed turn vacuum operated valve. Hose has returned to the original shape, but not really sure if the steering is any lighter.
    Russ
    Last edited by splatt; 18-01-2015 at 03:19 PM.
    3UZ Porsche 928S
    30 year old supermodel, great ass, crazy eyes, erratic mood swings and more grunt than a hippo with haemorrhoids

I assume the pressure is damn high.
    The car in the thread's first post runs steering box, and so does mine (with 1uz vvt). No issues at all. A steering box usually needs way more pressure than needed by a rack.

LS430 didn't have electric boosted rack, but it might have had progressive power steering with electronically modulated pressure control valve. That valve however can only reduce the pressure. All of the pressure is still developed in the belt driven pump.

Forum Member

Good info here. I've had a 1uz vvti with needed key, transponder, etc for several months that I planned to swap into my MX83. However, I just pulled a 3uz from a wrecked 2001 LS430 this past weekend. I know it's a more complicated swap with the seperate immobiliser ecu and drive by wire. I have noticed that the sensors on the 1uz and 3uz are identicle and in the same locations. This leads my to think that the 1uz harness/ ecu and throttle body can be used to run the 3uz. I know the displacement is different but shouldn't the ecu be able to cope with this relatively small difference?

One guy at Lextreme told me this is possible, but I haven't personally tried running a 3UZ with 1UZ loom. Depending on the exact cars you took your 1UZ ECU/LOOM and 3UZ ENGINE off, you may need to replace some things on your 3UZ. Like AFM, coil packs, throttle body.

Also, keep in mind that I offer bypassing immo in any 3UZ-FE if customer sends me his computer, and I even got a number of ready to go ECUs.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I assume the pressure is damn high.

LS430 didn't have electric boosted rack, but it might have had progressive power steering with electronically modulated pressure control valve. That valve however can only reduce the pressure. All of the pressure is still developed in the belt driven pump.
    Thanks, I'm left handed, most left handed people think things through logically, then come to conclusions that are the exact opposite of what things should be. I had figured it was a low pressure pump with electric assist, nope, high pressure pump with electric reducer.
    It took a couple of days , but the removal of the clamp/reducer on the high pressure hose seems to have lightened the steering a bit, probably needed time and pressure to open the 12 year old line to it's original size (think I worked that one out right.)
    Russ
    Last edited by splatt; 25-01-2015 at 05:28 PM.
    3UZ Porsche 928S
    30 year old supermodel, great ass, crazy eyes, erratic mood swings and more grunt than a hippo with haemorrhoids