Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

Forum Member

Default Re: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

Does it also convert to the square wave you'd expect to see from TRC to SP1 connection at cluster?
    I thought the cluster might be intelligent enough to take the SP2 signal off the CAN, but it seems not.
    Looking at the SP2 sensor I'd expect it to generate an analogue sine wave, is that correct?

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

yes it does convert to square wave, but it's not the waveform that matters, it's only noise and amplitude

sp2 sensor generates sine wave of approx. 2 - 4V p-p . The sine's frequency is usually 4 - 10 times more than you need for the speedo
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

Forum Member

Thanks for your help. I think I've got an idea of how to make a circuit to convert the signal now.

PS. The Volga looks awesome

Good luck then. And thanks )
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301

Little bit of update

I'm now able to bypass security on any 3UZ-FE (any year, including those with 6-speed auto and smart key system)

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

George that's good news , are you talking crown, SC 430 and or LS 430 .
    But have you got the motor running and 6 Speed box shifting gears properly all using just the engine ecu .
    Dave

That's LS430 mostly, however the SC430/Celsior/Crown are the same story. The only difference is that they change the pin diagram slightly in 2004, and that pre-2004 models can come without smart key system which needs another sort of bypass device. Yet another story is GS430 which uses immo system similar to that of LS400 (previous generation).

So far I only did the immo for other guys' projects. My own 6spd 3UZ project is delayed. However I did a 4gr-fse/6spd project and it only needed its engine/transmission ECU to work properly.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

when dumbass/sideshow wired my 3uz(2002) it started without any problems from the immobilizer, had the original key, but even started with his Camry key close to the immobilizer.
    I don't understand how it all worked ask him.
    3UZ Porsche 928S
    30 year old supermodel, great ass, crazy eyes, erratic mood swings and more grunt than a hippo with haemorrhoids

I can see no black magic about it. Any key can be copied. Program it to cars with compatible immo systems and you'll be able to start any of them using one key.

what he is saying that with the original key 20m away from the car, the engine still started

I rather think that's what he was saying, note the highlighted words
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    wbut even started with his Camry key close to the immobilizer.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

I'll try it again, immobilizer untouched, started with BOTH original key,AND Sideshows Camry key.
    3UZ Porsche 928S
    30 year old supermodel, great ass, crazy eyes, erratic mood swings and more grunt than a hippo with haemorrhoids

splatt so what's fancy about it? Normally car comes with 3 different keys from factory. You can either program 3 different keys to imo and use any of them. Or make over 9000 copies of one particular key and use any of the copies happily

4D-type keys can be reprogrammed fyi. And you never know whether the immo was actually untouched or not. Having a complete system, it's usually enough to plug chinese orange box into obd plug to reset the immo so it would accept any key.

Then, if the key learn procedure haven't been properly 'closed', it would accept any key until all the memory slots are populated with 3 different keys

hey Russ
    try starting it without the key
    u will probably need to unscrew the electrics of the back of steering column and turn the electric part of ign switch with a screw driver

George......... what he is saying is that the car has an immobiliser ecu and the engine starts without the correct match key, we havnt programmed any new keys to it, but while we got it going a long time ago we found out it would start without the master key near the key reader, and there is only 1 key that came with this engine and no other keys have been programmed

this engine will start with the original key 20m away

if Russ can remove battery for 10 minutes
    refit battery and then try start engine without the 3uz key anywhere near the car then it must mean the immobiliser isn't kicking in
    and therefore not disabling the engine, if this works Russ next time im down I might have to take a read of the chip in the ecu
    then I can use this bin file in all the other 3uz, not that there is many out there

dumbass,

I have only one explanation for the situation you both describe. It's that for some reason the immo was still in key learn mode when splatt tested it with some different key. Still it's very interesting how it goes.