Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

Lexus wiring junky Grease Monkey Demon's Avatar

Default Re: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

For sure I hear you....not really looking to sell the Bussmann to anyone as a lose fuse box. More a case that I wire up the engine and then sell it off running...

As you will see on my site that I only offer the fuse box as a replacement part.

Got a new web site up and trying to get traffic going thru so that my google rank can lift. ( I do enjoy chatting with you guys thou

A good rank on google and my site will pop up on the first page when someone from my country types in anything to do with Lexus
    Last edited by Demon; 25-10-2012 at 08:00 PM.

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

p/s on 1uz vvti immobilizers.

I eventually managed to build immo hardware emulator. Cause it appeared to be nearly impossible to source transponders at reasonable price. Unfortunately it's impossible to fix the problem without desoldering eeprom chip. With 150ms per transaction and 32-bit code, bruteforce attack woul take up to 20yrs )))
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

Took a look at your build and very neat under that hood man. That 1J motor is going to last you forever.

No way you could use the SMD clip on that chip ?
    How you find pulling it off the board ?

Bad news about the reprograming ):

Got a 3UZ front cut that the guy wants wired so will be jumping around it early next year (:

Customer is not sure if it's smart key system yet thou.

Thanks! In fact I'm about to sell the whole project and start with some new base that would support more power.

I don't use SMD clips, just desolder the chips, and then solder them with thin wires to my DIY eeprom programmer. As far as you do the 1UZ and you have at least 1 eeprom dump you don't worry about eeprom contents - thay are the same except for the keys programmed. You can even put eeprom chip off UCF20 to UZS171 and it will still work. So even if you damage a chip you just go buy new one and program any ucf20/uzs155/uzs171 dump into it.

When you have a working system you can intercept the signals circulating between the components and emulate them, that's how I got rid of the need to buy transponders, antennas and keys. I think the same approach is applicable to more advanced security systems like the one found in 3UZ.

p/s the process of messing with 1UZ ecu looks like this

Think I'll post a video soon with some 1uz vvti running with such an emulator
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

On another note .
    So what after market ecu would be a perfect choice for a 3 UZ that would work with the odd spaced can lobes for VVti / sync trigger.
    PS, without the pricetag of a motec.
    Dave

cambelt keeping in mind 3UZ has double vvti and etcs-i , suitable ECU would not be less than 1 grand in my place. Additionally I would have every possible issue with cold start tuning, failsafe modes etc etc. My conversions are rather everyday type than those for weekend/track use, so performance is second to reliability => I didn't ever consider any aftermarket management.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Um I think its only single vvti, and you can put a normal throttle body on it to throw the etcsi in the bin.
    I'd love to keep it factory, I have a complete half cut that runs just don't want to spend hours and hours wiring to find out it won't shift gears properly or limits the power somehow.
    The traction control has a seperate power supply ecu in the rear of the car of which you don't get with a half cut. That's just one ecu, there's another 7 odd in the rear of a crown.
    Dave

ok I should have said "2-channel vvti", though in fact exhaust camshafts are gear-driven from intake camshafts => vvti system does control them too.

We didn't run any extra ECUs rather than engine/ect control itself, and so far didn't see any shortcomings..it seems like every single hp remaining in the 10yrs old engine is 100% utilized at full throttle

This is great so you have gotten rid of the coil......freakin awsome....been looking at getting this damn coil out of my life as got to buy it and then tape the chip to the inside of the ring. So you run your board to TX, code and so on with the data loaded on your board ? Think the MCU looks for that key code in a number of places on the ECU.

Our local aftermarket systems here is a joke as they have one engine ECU, seprate gearbox control and seprate vvt-i control......WTF? how in the hell are they going to talk to each other and do things like take load off the gearbox before gear change. Total waste of time with the scrap they sell here.

Their so called vvt-i control is just a damn on off switch as where is it getting it's intel from. They can't run the vvt-i, forget about dual vvt-i and ACIS.

Not sure about the motec and wolf systems but they look a hell of alot better than our local scrap. Got to agree that STD done right is freakin awsome, no cold start problems and multi layer maps makes the best as a every day driver.

yes my board acts precisely as you described, but its MCU does not have to look for key code somewhere in the ECU. It's hard coded inside. I just figured out how transmitted data corresponds to value stored in 8-pin eeprom chip inside ECU. So now I can desolder the chip, put the right key code into it and solder it back, and finally program my board to simulate the code transmitted to the ECU per its request.

the announced 1uz vvti video

http://youtu.be/vHLJv39I3_M
    (it's not me standing before the engine, and note there's no acc belt on it yet)

First time that Iv seen this and much better than having that damn coil hanging around. You want to sell these units George ?

I'd love to sell em not only in my city but there's a number of problems. First of all, to make everything work you still have to desolder memory chip from ecu. So the only way to sell my boards (other than installing em in our workshop) is to sell complete modified ECU's. Next, 1uz's off UCF20 and JZS171 have different pinouts, so there's always possibility to sell "wrong" ECU. In fact it's very likely that something goes wrong at customer's side

Forum Member

Hi George,
    It seems you're quite experienced with getting things running with the 3UZ.
    I've got a friend who's just taken the 1UZ out of his 34 ford, and installed a 3UZ from a 2002 LS430. Using the Toyota EMS, Gateway, Immobiliser, Instrument cluster, Key, and fuse boxes he's got it driving down the road, going through gears happily, and a tacho on the instruments.
    By connecting the CAN to bypass the missing control units in the system I've managed to get the temperature gauge working, but can't get a speed signal or fuel level the same way. I tried to BS the traction control ECU to give us an SP1 signal, but that just brought lots of warning lights up on the cluster.
    What I'd like to know is How do we get an SP1 signal to the instrument cluster to give us a speed reading? I thought of using the tail section off the 1UZ gearbox, and sending the hall effect sensor's signal straight to the gauges, but you've posted here that you make a conversion box.
    Last edited by hdtboy; 12-03-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Hi!

I did run the extra computers (other than engine/transmission ECU) just to bypass the immo. I didn't have the proper bypass device at the moment of conversion.

I did not use LS430 cluster, but the one that was originally installed in the car we converted to 3UZ. I used my own signal converters to run speedo and tacho signals.

My speedo converter splits transmission's SP2 signal that normally only goes to ECU. In the speedo output path, signal's frequency is altered to obtain the proper pulses per mile.