Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

Lexus wiring junky Grease Monkey Demon's Avatar

Default Re: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

I see so what you are saying is that it will still need the pick up thru the RL - and so on thru the ABS....damn Japs now your ABS packs up and you are stuffed... The SP1 and NT - NT + setup seems pretty normal......Keep us up to date on this....Thanks great info
    Last edited by Demon; 23-10-2012 at 04:08 PM.

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

cambelt, thanks for the info! I think it's easy to fool the newer ECU with the speed signal. I sell a number of signal converters with each conversion kit, including one for car's original speedo. It's not a problem to add one more converter that would take SP2 signal, divide/multiply its frequency and feed ABS input.

Demon, very interesting info on immobilizers. So, there's a specialized software that would generate 'resetted' dump that would bring 3UZ ECU into 'blank' condition, then allowing you to put 3 arbitrary keys into it? How about security ECU then? It also needs a special EEPROM dump to be locked on to engine computer. With some toyotas, it's enough to connect TC-E1, ignition on and leave the car alone for an hour, then in some cases security computer will be synchronized to engine control unit.

I didn't quite understand your info on LS430 6spd bug port. I know newer Toyotas accept ECU software updates available via TIS, you download them via OBD cable. But the updates mostly deal to gearbox timing settings etc etc.... not the secutity system, did I miss something?
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

U just out a virgin dump into the ecu and then program the new keys
    The problem is if u don't buy a half cut u don't get the key and reader with it
    Some even have immob ecu so u need that to
    I have the Toyota security cd which tells how to program new keys in when ecu is virgin

Prob is getting ecu to virgin state is a pain
    U need to know what to do to the dump
    Bridging two pins on diag plug only works on some toyotas
    There is a machine out there that reads Toyota dump and programs a key to suit all in one go
    I'm saving for this tool if I get more toyotas to do
    All this is the shit way to do it because most wreckers won't have al the bits needed
    So in the end u need a grand more to spend to buy parts then program the lot together

Not many have succeeded in talking to the ecu to turn off security
    Once someone figures it out I doubt u will find the info for free
    To do the holden late model motors u need to buy dongle and then credits for each car
    So there is money to be made out there

If you google ICC imo they have software on a dongle but $$$$$ you can find it on Alibaba from china but not sure about getting the full package from them. This unit claims to take the imo back to vergin state with a pass code.

You right as having to buy all the crap is going to land up putting th owner of the conversion on the floor.

We tryed breaching TC and VG in the diag plug on this Vigo by using the original Imo box that was in the truck but no go.....We got all happy when it fired and started it like that for about 3 days but then it started to cut on start up.

We then stuck the GS 430 ECU and coded it to the Vigo key and used the same transponder coil.

It does not seem to code hop from the steering lock ECU to the ECM and that jump only takes place from the theft deterant module to the steering lock.

Down to two damn wires on the ECU Imo and ImI and even looked at a remote start option but it looks for that steering lock ecu as it has two way communication

There is a debug programer that fits onto the board which takes you in the back door and the term that the guys that are more clued up than me refer to it as BPP.

You are right dumbass it is a long shot with getting in and moving around their software but hey like I say Im playing around when there is gap and I enjoy it.

Great thread this guys and do you have a web site add as I might just get in some of your guys units.

Thanks gents
    Last edited by Demon; 23-10-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Tell me is your text box freezing up ?. Dont know if it has to do with this auto save.

Gets stuck alot when Im typing on here

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

ive looked at icc for ages
    but just cant justify it at moment
    i have some people in high places that can get me codes for free so i dont need icc yet
    i have read people thinking it can virginise ecu sbut i thought icc was just to give u a pin code from anothr number or vin

ive looked at some toyotas an the immo wires are always i and o
    and sometimes different letters before them
    but always end in i and o
    and i tried to trick ecu but like u said i think its 2 way
    so i just collect 2nd hand toyota keys every now and then and reprogram them to suit the new car if possible

on some otyotas ive found u can swap engine ecus and it will stil start
    so its definitely the key has to be matched or programmed to the immo box
    or key to ecu if no immo box
    key reader can be swapped many times and car still starts
    each time i get toyota immo and keys i read the dump and key to learn where the data is stored

Demon, it's ok with the text box, but osmetimes I have to update the page several times before I see its latest version.
    What kind of devices did you mean when asking for a web site?
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301

You right it's $$$$ and heavy when you only want to deal with one type of car.....I found a site a while ago and think it was a Ausie site where you send them the details of your cab and they send the ICC code back to you....costs about 40 bucks or so....

Thanks seems to type better when Im loged out and then I copy and log back in and paste.

Well would be keen to see what boards you guys are making for speed limiter, speed sensor for speedo.....damn you guys could maybe come up with a total smart key bypass unit that one just plugs in and there we go.

I found a ERA unit for the speedo in the US but also $$$$ it has a change over from sine to square wave, has dip switches for the calibration on the inductive sensor.

Tap off the rear gear box speed sensor on the auto box.

Tell me have you guys worked with the wolf management system ? Been looking at their stuff and man it looks good

so...no we don't have a special web page for electronic devices nor a page in English. All the devices mentioned are sold as a part of conversion project. They are still very application-specific. Since building them is rather a hobby for me, I don't have time to make highly versatile stuff, tunable by end-user.

Typical price is $70 for speedo/tacho/fuel/water temp etc..etc.. converter (one device converts one type of signal). If needed, tacho converters have an option to emulate CAS signal (skip pre-programmed pattern of pulses). Input type is not tuneable but in practice they pick up everything from inductive to Hall without any problem.

We have no demand for speed limit cutters but I made one for my own car, though it's useless (nowhere to go past 180, and the engine isn't that much capable).

As for smart key system, in fact we haven't done any engine equipped with one. This 3uz-fe ran simple 4D key. Most of engines we install come without any security, while the rest are equipped with 4C-based security (static non-encrypted code). Currently, I can design a device that could emulate 4C key+toyota tranponder+antenna, so ECU would see it as a native key. The whole idea of such device is only to eliminate the need of buyng 4C keys and transponders. However this device would still ultimately need desoldering and reprogramming eeprom from ecu.

Currently I don't look into designing/building such devices because of low demand, which would not cover my efforts. The same story with more advanced security systems - no reason for me to dig into them for bare curiousity. Currently, I make some research with CAN bus. I think if we ever make more modern car conversions I'll offer CAN sensor converter (for example to run car's native dash from new engine's sensors).

As for Wolf, no I haven't ever tuned an aftermarket ECU. This far we were happy with factory management systems.
    Last edited by George; 24-10-2012 at 05:50 PM.

I hear you with regards to the demand of this in the market place at this point and also more of a hobby with regards to the 3UZ myself....STD is great but at the same time if you want to go up on your Hp than that side of it could start to bite.

Got this guy with this F250 and gave a price of the 3UR 5,7 L which nearly put him on the floor.....looking into two ct12 turbos as a option if he wants to upgrade at a later date but Im a bit worried about when this 1UZ vvt comes on to boost and lands up in limp mode at around .4 ....

Maybe some resistors from the MAF to the ECU to do a bit of fooling.....not sure myself at this point

Most of our projects don't need more hp than stock configuration offers (most of time mate puts 3RZ and 5VZ into light trucks, such a project takes me only one occasional evening after work to do the wiring). If more hp is needed we just put more powerful stock engine. As extra hp can only be made from modifying the hardware, the price instantly jumps because up to this moment we considered putting the engine 'as is'. As far as we do something to the hardware, it's reasonable to put new rings, seals, gaskets, timing belt/pulley/tensioner/water pump etc etc and sometimes it ends up doubling conversion price. You see, not many folks around would pay that much.

As newer toyotas can learn up to +-20 or 25% you can, as the least preferrable choice, mess with the resistors as long as all O2 sensors are functional and you have a scanner tool. But you won't get too much boost headroom out of that. And you better not use resistor divider without some sort of buffer (variable gain amplifier is a nice and reliable replacement).

Better choice would include signal interceptor that won't feed more voltage than ECU regards as overboost, and a piggyback capable of taking actual MAF signal measurement and modifying injector pulse.
    Last edited by George; 25-10-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks for your advice will have to look at a piggyback of some sort then....Still looking into maybe finding a diffrent map that Toyota made for the LS on TIS but it would seem that those maps were only put out for supcharged models.

But must say that the Bussmann fuse box makes life easy as I can knock off a UZ vvti wiring in about 1 hour....all the fuses and relays are all there so I just put terminals on and drop the wires into the plugs and work with jigs to get my points...

Maybe it's worth to advertise your devices somewhere else? I doubt some1 in Aus would buy US-made device instead of something more local