Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

Lexus wiring junky Grease Monkey Demon's Avatar

Default Re: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

Howzit.

Most of our stuff comes in from the stock yard in Malaysia. We have seen some very clean 3UZs come in this year. Guys tend to run a local aftermarket system on them here but the six speed auto they remove and put on the 4 speed A341e. I don't really get involved in the mechanical side and more a case of people bring it in for the electronics.
    Mostly sell running units which I pre wire and then the customer installs. I do my own stuff but rebuilding a guys engine is not worth the time for me. Nice to meet some one thats done the 3UZ

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

Ok, so you offer some electronic services. Do you make any custom specialized devices? Like say speedo converters, speed/rev limit cutters, or something for engine integration into newer cars with plenty of computers?

Your 1uz vvti clean looks misleaded me into thinking you fully rebuild them prior to installing ) I never dig into them either, source engines from Jap wreckers. They mostly come with some 60.000 km on them, but no one is remotely as clean as yours. I noticed that despite of low mileage all of them have low oil pressure (below 3bar @ 4000 RPM) and heavy carbon buildup (sometimes even stuck rings, though chemistry usually fixes that), even those looking fresh and clean. That's quite contrary to the 3UZ described in this thread - it's USDM, has over 300.000 *miles* on it, and only needed stem seals replacement.
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

to run the ac u need to have the orig ecu wired up still
    then either trick the presusre sensor to ecu or fit it so it all works properly
    orig ecu jsut needs rpm input and throttle and coolant temp for other stuff to work

dumbass, in this particular conversion there were no problems with body electronics.
    In our RX8 we did leave stock ECT/engine control computers wired and I had to build some emulators to make things work (ABS and power steering in particular). Just wonder how others get around the same troubles. Fooling stock ECU is the easiest way of course. I thought someone in the world already emulated digital signals that ECU sends to other electronics.
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301

well give it afew years and the new cars will fk us all
    the motors int he usa from about 08 onwards have hi speed can bus
    ive also worked on some late model jeeps with 3 dirent can bus systems hi mid and slow
    and u need to keep buying to tools to read all the stuff plus jeeps have very poor quality built
    i would never buy something made in fking mexico heheehe

anyway new cars have brake signals and tip tronic signals and dash signals
    all going thru canbus and body control modules

usa cars never used to run body control modules in most of their cars till recently

but aussie cars have had them for awhile which means u have to wire them all in
    but the new stuff is just getting to hard and since the world is getting tight i will stick
    to just gettting motor running on very late cars unless custoemr has special requests and open cheque book heheheeh

sometimes u can work around reflashing ecus to a slightly earlie ror different model car then add in the extra wires
    and wire it to suit but its getting harder
    i have seen devices that plug into your diagnostic plug and will give u a signle wire with either rpm pulse or speed pulse or similar info but by time u get everything perfect it costs twice as much to get the rest working than what it does to get motor running
    u just have ti keep searching for other ways to get the signal u want sort of like looking outside the square

Well I own one 2008 jeep liberty (2.4, 6mt) and except one power steering hose failure I'd say it's built very good (maybe it's true only for my particular one).

I'd agree about your open cheque book concept. After all you can always use some 3rd party to build custom CAN device. I think good news is that major manufacturers tend to use CAN instead of their own custom digital protocols. So a well built CAN sniffer plugged into OBD would eventually work for most vehicles, and you're only left to deciding which packets you need and how to decode them. (one guy on the web did this work and even published the data he decoded, i.e. how to read RPM, speed etc etc from Mazda's CAN bus).

btw long ago EFI computers were considered as hard to comprehend, but a while later the industry offered wide choice of piggybacks, standalones etc etc and now most of ppl are familiar with the technology. I think if/when modern car transplants become widespread some manufacturer may come up with idea of some "universal CAN emulator" - a computer with tunable inputs/outputs and ability to send/receive from the CAN.

that would be good
    its a pity all manufactures use different data in the canbus
    i know on holdens u can mix and match engines but if they all have can and from similar era
    the can is compatable
    im saving up to get a cable for late model gm stuff as some ofit is single wire can

transplants in australia will be a thing of the past in a decade or so
    the govt is making it very difficult to even put a fking hello kitty exhaust pipe outlet on your car
    hahahahahahah

A decade ago many thought no one would use car in Moscow in a decade %) Because of fuel prices and traffic jams. Since then, fuel price increased by a factor of 4 yet more and more ppl buy cars and contribute to ever increasing traffic.

Maybe transplants in your area would do the same...live on despite of regulations. Of course we do have totally different story here. No one in the gov. is concerned of your life and road police is only there to offer their 'taxes' to you =) So in practice you can transplant whatever engine you find to wherever you can fit it.

p/s but I don't want a hello kitty tailpipe yet %)

double post (

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

I'm waiting for you to do a 3UR George. 5.7 litres of Toyota Goodness in one of those Volgas. Wifeys Surf is close to getting some "UZ Loving" after the now homeless daughter and her mates stole it and wrote it off while I was in another part of Australia for work, Body is fine but the engine is stuffed. The little 2L-TE that could is no longer the "little engine that could". In fact it's half way out of the bonnet and still bolted to the gearbox. Way to go girl steal a car off of your well respected mechanic father and stepmother who holds a masters degree in criminology. Now where to find some 3UR loving?
    His. 2005 GRJ120 Prado VX
    Hers. 1995 KZN130 Surf (soon to be replaced by a Rav4)
    1981 LN40 Hilux Trayback ute. Now an RN40 with Surf interior
    1992 Factory Widebody 2door Surf 1UZ-FE V8 Auto, now for sale

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can't find a 3UR without FSE system? Which isn't good to run with our gas, and costly to repair. And it's quite fresh, and it has advanced security system. Overall, low bang for the buck.

I think good old 1UZ (non-vvti), a couple of slugs and a piggyback can give much more goodness for much less. But when seriously considering any of these engines you end up ripping off the most of Volga. So at this moment I'm not after enormous torque

fkn dbl post

Got a guy that wants to pull his 4,2 F250 engine and put a 5,7 3UR in but damn that thing aint cheap and you right the security runs thru the body control unit and the steering lock ECU. Will be well over a 100k just for the unit running.

There is a easy way around the 3UZ as the GS 430 came with a basic eeprom security chip on the board so you can just dump and throw a new key code...sorted.

The immobilizer unit on the Ls 430 you can use the ICC Immo key code gen which will genarate a code by dump and spit you out a pass code which will give you the option to reset......

Bit of a problem when you don't have the Immo unit on the engine when it comes in so you have to buy that and at $400 a shot it's getting heavy again.

Busy looking at going in thru the bug port on the LS 430 six speed computer board as the agents install this for their software up grades.....a debug port if you like.

Got some guys from Netherlands that are looking into the source code software as thats where the problem is. And the maybe a chance of getting in there and removing all of their security shit.

Doing it as I have the time as Iv got so many guys calling for the first gen UZ and the vvt at this point so taking it as it comes with the smart key rubbish.

Not bothered looking into the speed limiter as I import a USA spec ecu with a high limiter or by a ggredy off the shelf limiter fooler.....ebay...30 bucks.

You Russians are pretty clued up with sofware so you throw a few ideas in the mix and hey presto we might have found a way to brake the smart key once and for all. (:

Bussmann fuse box for life

Hello
    Also be aware of the crown UZS 186 3 uz with its A761 combo , for conversions. These are sometimes cheaper than the LS and GS 430,s.
    I have a half cut which I'm very slowly following the wiring. I'm mainly concerned about feeding the speed inputs to the ecu which run to the stability/ABS ecu first then to the engine ecu . It won't shift gears using the SP 2 alone .
    Dave