ok heres the story...
I have transplanted an ex jzz30 1jz into a st141 corona.
when I initially wired it up it was missing a map sensor, but it started and idled fine. I then got a Map, installed it and it ran better.
I managed to move the car in the shed and it seemed sweet as.
Last weekend i started it up to move it and it was running pretty poor so i turned it off cleaned the plugs (they were fouled) reinstalled and started it again. ran fine for 5 min or so then started to run very rich again, at this stage i looked at the vacuum gauge and it was idling on -10 and when i tried to rev it, it would miss fire..
so its safe to assume something is causing it to run rich, but what exactly?
I checked the vacuum lines, all seem fine (does any one have a diagram for all these lines at all?)
now after some research i have found a multitude of things that can make them run rich but a couple of basic questions before i start looking at sensors and ecu..
1. the engine doesnt have coolant in it at the moment, can this make it run rich? (again if anyone has a coolant flow/lines diagram it would be great to get a copy)
2. im wondering if i have missed an earth somewhere, where are the connection points for these? where are the main wires in the loom for these?
3. could the ecu be in limp mode because there is no fuel pump ecu?
4. anything else that could cause poor vacuum apart from the lines?

Its just so frustrating, i have never had an engine cause as much grief as this one.. im at the point where I may pull all the external bits and pieces off and reinstall everything again, making sure its sealed and so on..

Thanks in advance..