Thread: fuel line problem with 32/36 weber

Im to handsome to be a Domestic Engineer ctrain's Avatar

Default fuel line problem with 32/36 weber

I've noticed that the weber I bought has a fuel in connection and and the other is blocked off with a screw, the stock carby has a rubber fuel line that i assume goes to the tank, and a hard line that goes to the fuel pump on the side of the block, do they both need to be connected? i tried to take out the adaptor on the stock carby but its to big to fit the weber

TA22 Junkie Backyard Mechanic Silly Rabbit's Avatar

Default Re: fuel line problem with 32/36 weber

Hey Callum......i'd help but i'm probably gonna need pics or a better write up as I am finding you description a little cryptic. Maybe someone else can help / decipher it.

I ran a 32/36 on my Celica so I can tell you that the outlet on the Weber can be left blocked or run a return line to the outlet near the hard fuel line on the side of the engine bay.
    “From the five years, 1968-73, if you were an F1 driver at that time, there was a very likely chance that you would have died.”
    - Jackie Stewart
    (now that's my type of racing )

Im to handsome to be a Domestic Engineer ctrain's Avatar

Default Re: fuel line problem with 32/36 weber

Its all good now, what i ment was the original carby had the return line back to the fuel tank, as the weber had the fuel out blocked off i didnt know what to do with it, so I blocked the line off with a screw and ran some fuel pipe from the fuel in on the carb to the puel pump, its all sorted now and runs great, however i only have half throttle because the throttle linkage is fouling on the intake. So I need to fix that, i have had pre ignition three times since i put the carby on yesterday morning but it just needs a tune and re jetting. I got the new exhaust put on today from Town and Country Exhaust in Geelong ($250 for 2 1/4 inch with a little resonator and a small hotdog with a SS 3" dump on the back) it looks and sounds awesome, still havnt heard the full potential as I only have half throttle atm. I will be putting a new HG in and possibly rebuild the head in the next fortnight, with double valve springs, bronze guides, bigger valves, a nice port matching job, hopefully i'll have enough cash by then.

Cheers,
    Callum