Thread: help with fuel injector impedance resistor

the Afterbirth Tycoon Automotive Encyclopaedia PlacentaJuan's Avatar

Default help with fuel injector impedance resistor

hello,

i am wanting to upgrade my stock 2jzgte 440cc injectors withthe septic 550s and know that i need a resistor to adjust for different resistor and have a few questions:

finding the stock resistor pack that is unmolested is a bit hard BUT IF I DO; how to wire it in? is there a plug somewhere?

i have heard that you can use a 7mge resistor pack which i have obtained but this seems to be just one big resistor (as opposed to the 6 resistors that people make from jaycar) how to wire this in also?

do i have to install this in the engine bay or can i splice it into the ecu from inside the car?

has anyone here done this?

info would be great i will pay you big rep.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: help with fuel injector impedance resistor

ok whats the ohms on the std 2jz injectors and what are the septic ohm rate 1st

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Default Re: help with fuel injector impedance resistor

Quote Originally Posted by PlacentaJuan View Post
    i have heard that you can use a 7mge resistor pack which i have obtained but this seems to be just one big resistor (as opposed to the 6 resistors that people make from jaycar) how to wire this in also?
    I've seen resistor packs with one supply and 6 wires out. Also one supply and two wires out. Widen your search to 5M and 6MGE engines and you'll find one that suits.

note, if the resistor pack as 2 wires out, then each output feeds 12+ supply to 3 injectors, if the pack as 3 wires out then each output feeds 2 injectors (and so on). This is obviously for a 6 cyl.

do i have to install this in the engine bay or can i splice it into the ecu from inside the car?
    done in the engine bay - it's wired in between the 12+ supply to the injectors and the injectors themselves.
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge