Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Event: Mark 2 Corona 2 door Hardtop MX22 build. PART 1 - Pre build discuss Discussion

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia JoJo's Avatar

Default Event: Mark 2 Corona 2 door Hardtop MX22 build. PART 1 - Pre build discuss Discussion

I thought I should better make a thread for this, so it doesn't fill up the ACT SPOTTED thread. Because I have a feeling this shit gonna get epic

Feel free to have input on ideas, post pics or whatever. post away.....
    CURRENT CARS: AE86-SR20DET, MX22-2M, JZS147-2JZGTE, AE86-4AGE , AE71 Panelvan-4AGTE, Peugeot 504- XN1

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Default Re: Event: Mark 2 Corona 2 door Hardtop MX22 build. PART 1 - Pre build discuss Discus

We know that it's going to probably be black now which will look awesome.

What wheels are you thinking?
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

Default Re: Event: Mark 2 Corona 2 door Hardtop MX22 build. PART 1 - Pre build discuss Discus

Hopefully those wheels with a polished/chromed teddy bear as the center. Instant win

Gonna stick with an original themed vinyl interior Joe? Or go with a cloth retrim?
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

Senior Citizen Chief Engine Builder "Z" UTE's Avatar

JoJo, Steve Millar has a mate who does all his panel work, been best mates for years. The man is a genuine old school panel beater hates bog and file finishes everything. Hard man to get to do jobs on other peoples cars as he is heavily committed making extra dollars after hours.

Steve has another mate in a panel shop at Hume that waved the gun over his last TA22, All prep work was done at home by Steve and his panel beater mate, the car was trailered to hume and 5 hours later it was back home. Cost under a grand including paint!

Have a chat to Kieran, 74gt on these forums, his TA22 was panel beated and sprayed on the northside in a guys under house garage for a very good price and the work is top notch.

I just turned down $6,000.00 to prep and paint an EH Holden wagon! Lack of space and lack of time damnit.

For a gloss black car, the panel work has to be better than factory original, as every minute imperfection in the panels shows up big time in the finished paintwork.

An original basic colour would be the easiest colour to prep for. Same colour as original even better as you do not have to paint boot and engine bay, and generally only need to do the drivers door jamb.

If you decide to go 1J or 2J, drop round for a chat and a look at a couple of engines I have spare.

cheers Chuck.
    "What man can build, man can fix!"
    MS51Crown Coupe,
    GSV40R Aurion luxo tourer. One TA22 currently receiving some TLC prior to paint One RS56 Crown ute under construction, 2 x TA22's awaiting rebuilds. Toyota Crown RS47J ute in need of serious TLC. Toyota Crown Custom Wagon MS53 daily hauler stocko!

Old School Fanatic... Automotive Encyclopaedia jezz's Avatar

Jeebus Chuck have you considered buying a property just outside town?

The guy that did Kieran's was the same that did Matt L's Green TA22.
    Very good work and very well priced.

JoJo,

How about some pictures of the beast in its current condition so Rolla and YLD can put there mad photoshopping skillz to good use ?
    Bottom line: Life's too short, drive something you love.
    Canberra Celica Group

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L View Post
    We know that it's going to probably be black now which will look awesome.

What wheels are you thinking?
    EITHER:
    SSR MK2's........ 15x9 with big dish (neg offset)
    Or
    TE37's with big dish 15x9 (not sure of availiable offsets yet)
    Last edited by JoJo; 01-03-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    CURRENT CARS: AE86-SR20DET, MX22-2M, JZS147-2JZGTE, AE86-4AGE , AE71 Panelvan-4AGTE, Peugeot 504- XN1

Quote Originally Posted by 1JZ-Rolla View Post

Gonna stick with an original themed vinyl interior Joe? Or go with a cloth retrim?
    Vinyl all the way...... (but it needs to be re-trimmed)

Forum Member Grease Monkey

The guy who did all my retriming works from home. Let me know if you want his number. He won top interior for the boostd rodeo at summernats to give you an idea of the quality.

If you go black it should be black with retro studding in the seats
    Stock NA JZA80

"Never drive faster than your angel can fly." - Boyd Graham 'ASSAIL' R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by natett View Post
    The guy who did all my retriming works from home. Let me know if you want his number. He won top interior for the boostd rodeo at summernats to give you an idea of the quality.

If you go black it should be black with retro studding in the seats
    Sounds expensive.... ?

Not sure on colour yet. Not likey black anymore

I dont want to change the interior style. Has to have original look. It will be a while before I will be needing the interior work anyway....

cheers
    Last edited by JoJo; 02-03-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Is your interior brown/tan vinyl at the moment?

I wonder how it would have looked in black paint (if you still liked it), with red vinyl interior, like most of the KE10's in SA seem to go for.

If you do it white (which I somehow doubt you will), please don't do the factory Toyota white from that era, which I think was paint code 038......... Its more blue that white and looks kinda translucent? The later whites have much more body. Better yet, get white from another manufacturer

colour is definitely one of the hardest choices........

Stock NA JZA80

Old School Fanatic... Automotive Encyclopaedia jezz's Avatar

Very cool Nath I wish I had your car budget!

Can you PM me his contact details for when I eventually get my shit together ?
    Bottom line: Life's too short, drive something you love.
    Canberra Celica Group

you mean debt not budget haha

PM sent
    Stock NA JZA80

Quote Originally Posted by jezz
    Can you PM me his contact details for when I eventually get my shit together ?
    You got a couch to upholster Jezz? Or actually gonna put a car together?

Junior Member Conversion King

TE37V's come in -15 for 15x9J, or -20 in 15x9 1/2J
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT