Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Celica Appreciation Day (NSW) - Sunday 27th of May - CoffeeFest / Mothers

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Default Re: Classic Celica Appreciation Day (NSW) - Sunday 27th of May - CoffeeFest / Mothers

Still wondering when the Crown appreciation day is gonna happen again.

Cheers, Greg.

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Default Re: Classic Celica Appreciation Day (NSW) - Sunday 27th of May - CoffeeFest / Mothers

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Farkurnell View Post
    Still wondering when the Crown appreciation day is gonna happen again.
    Each time this cruise comes up you respond with the same comment. You want a Crown Cruise then how about you organise one?

Keep this thread on topic.. and that means classic Celicas

I'll be bringing The88. If I can get drivers for Trini and Ronnie they will come along also.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

I refer you to the opening sentence in the thread below.

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/pre...s-welcome.html

Was supposed to be an annual event. If it upsets you so much old man, I won't bother.

Cheers, Greg.

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Hi Greg,

With any Toymods event its the level of attendance that decides weather or not we repeat and event or one similar to it. Toymods has tried to have a number of Crown focused days over the years and unfortunately none of them have gotten a great deal of support. That Crown day in 09 was the best supported with 6 cars attending. 2 owned by you and 2 From the Stitt's so only 4 family units in attendance.

By comparison Toymods First Classic Celica dedicated event was so well received it became known as Mega Cruise Which was a massive bastardisation of the intended Day so it was awesome when Steve and some of the Newcastle crew held the first Classic Celica Appreciation Day. IT was of course a huge success and is now part of our annual Calendar on the 4th Sunday in May every year.

If you would like to push for a Crown dedicated event please organise one, If it is received well with good numbers then we will gladly add it to the regular Calendar just like the CCAD was.

As you know you don't need a "Crown only" day to come along and enjoy any of the Toymods Events. Why not see if you can encourage other Crown owners to show up for the Monthly Meeting or one of the monthly events ? At present Celica owners dominate the attendance to pretty much every Toymods meeting and event and it really would be great to see a lot more variety and some more faces.

Toymods is not currently considering doing another Crowns n Chrome day but we are planning a Jap Nostalgia event to be held in Feb next year assuming we can get all our ducks in a row to get it organised. We very much hope to see a lot of Crowns, Celicas and anything else "Classic Jap" to attend that day. We had planned it for 2011 but put it on hold to see how a certain other car show went instead. For 2012 we will be pushing forward with our original plans for that event.

But to keep things on Topic, Only a few short weeks now till CCAD so I hope everyone is getting their Classic Ready.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

A Jap Nostalgia day would be awesome!

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

Yup a Japanese Nostalgia day, something similar to the Classic Celica Day is inked in for Feb next year which we hope will end up being a great annual event which will bring out the best of all classic Japanese Marques.

Stay tuned folks.

Junior Member Grease Monkey Gypsy23's Avatar

I'm in for the Japanese Nostalgia day, sounds like a great idea.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Will be there ,looking forward to checking out all the beaut celicas

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

I know I dont own Classic Celica now (At one stage I did). But should be a great run for my Camry. Will try to be there.
    Karma can only be portioned out by the cosmos

Fear the Rapeodile Carport Converter blakeg's Avatar

i very much doubt my gt4 will be driving for this, so if i am trusted i am happy to drive somthing down.

I am crap as a Conversion King SilverRA23's Avatar

I would love to bring my Celica to one of these one year, but I don't think its going to be this year

Can you run next year in Canberra.. or Yass... or Albury... that would make it a bit easier to get up there for the weekend
    Now - RA23-WRX
    Gone-KE10-KE15-KE35-TA22-AE71-Charade-AE82-MS47-KE15-AE95-MX32
    Need club rego or a CAMS licence in VIC? Join TCCAV www.tccav.org.au

advocate for the oldies Carport Converter ian's Avatar

what about eltham
    that would be better
    nostalgia is not what it used to be:

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

People, if your wanting to come from interstate and the costs are making it difficult, then I am sure we can find some accommodation for you within the Toymods community.
    Ask the question and I am sure someone will offer a bed for the weekend.

Blake, that's a shame mate. At this stage, it isn't looking like my GT4 is going to be particularly presentable and to tell you the truth it isn't all that nice to drive right now but if I decide to bring it and you'r interested in driving it, then that might work. I don't really like bringing my cars out if they aren't presentable but I might change my mind. Either way I have to bring Frosty to this event.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer Toy77's Avatar

Unfortunately i am out of this one - even though i was supposed to be working, i maybe could have gotten out of it.

The engineering changes through the RTA has caused massive delays, the few signatories are that snowed under with months worth of back logs - they aren't available for consultation....

so my suspension gear from the states is not yet ordered - car is sitting on stands with all the good bits removed...

hope you guys have a good one....
    Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines. – Enzo Ferrari

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    what about eltham
    that would be better
    Any excuse to drive further is good by me.