Thread: Throttle Body Options - 4K-E

Car Butcher Carport Converter WDE_BDY's Avatar

Default Throttle Body Options - 4K-E

So the 4k-E is getting closer to Megasquirt fitment, need to sort a suitable throttle body preferably with a variable TPS and stepper motor idle control. Needs to be sized for an 1800cc engine so it will suit the 7K when I do an engine swap but don’t want to go oversize. The big issue is lack of space, the throttle body sits over the rocker cover so has minimal clearance top or bottom especially with the taller deck height of the 7K putting it closer to the bonnet.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1164/4kesetup10.jpg

So what easy to find and cheap compact options are out there? I have a spare top half of the inlet manifold to cut and adapt to suit the new throttle body.

Callum

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: Throttle Body Options - 4K-E

why not use the one you have got in the picture.
    adapt a tps that will work on the side of it (i am assuming tthe current one just senses throttle shut & wot) stick a multimeter on it and see
    and use a xf falcon idle speed motor - works well with ms - hide it under the brake booster if you want and tee it into the booster hose so long as the other end goes into the plenum not just a runner.
    neil
    2009 aurion
    Purple 2000 Hilux - 1UZ

assembly is just the opposite of disassembly - just you swear in different spots!

Car Butcher Carport Converter WDE_BDY's Avatar

Default Re: Throttle Body Options - 4K-E

The factory one is tiny and too small for when I swap over to the 1800cc 7K later on. Have found one from a Nissan Pulsar that is currently getting adapted to my spare inlet manifold. Good tip on the Falcon idle speed motor, I will look into it.

Callum