Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RA23 vs 2JZ-GTE Part 2 (Now with Pics)

Official Off Topic KING! Conversion King stradlater's Avatar

Default Re: RA23 vs 2JZ-GTE Part 2 (Now with Pics)

seconded..
    Facebook | LinkedIn

1976 RA23 Celica - 1UZFTE ???rwkw - Earlier: 11.6 @ 116.9mph But Now: ??
    2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Coupe - 421kW 0-100 3.1.....
    2005 Mercedes Benz SLK 350 - 200kW...

TorquePilot 1st year Apprentice

Funny you should ask... getting heap of pics as I go, just trying to finish the mounted items in their entirety before I start "Part 3". The front end is all but mounted, the rear is mostly cut in and I'm in the throes of working out how the hell I'm gonna get coilovers into a reduced Celica rump... the Mk3 has a tall strut dammit... I've got photos of the overhanging wheels front and rear along with pics of the modified front and rear subframes to fit.

On another note, I checked out my Cortina up in Townsville this week, the Supra frontcut is in and it looks Sooo SCHWEEEEET I'm thinking the next Celica I'll do will probably just have the same thing done to it... has heaps of space to wedge all sorts of things into it and none of this having to cut up the subframe either. It still hangs all the original panels and valance for that outwardly factory appearance, how can I go wrong???
    If you were insanely fetish about power, how would it be personified??

Current Projects: 2JZ-GTE/6speed RA23 and RA28, 1UZ-FZE/6speed RA28, XR6T/6speed TC Cortina - All with Mk3/Mk4 Supra suspension

RA23 vs 2JZ-GTE Part 2 (Now with Pics) - http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?p=126140

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Damn, this is looking good. For your fibreglass panels, try finding Nick Streeter. Search the Classic Celica Dedicated Thread (under general car talk) and you will find his contact details. Phill Eacott is doing RA23 chin spoilers as I have already asked him about them.

Keep up the good work on the JZA23, and let us know how the corty goes too. Be interested in seeing it on the streets. If your ever going to do a run through Mackay, let me know so I can have a perv.

Cheers, Owen

PS, who is your engineer in Townsville??
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23
    Damn, this is looking good. For your fibreglass panels, try finding Nick Streeter. Search the Classic Celica Dedicated Thread (under general car talk) and you will find his contact details. Phill Eacott is doing RA23 chin spoilers as I have already asked him about them.

Keep up the good work on the JZA23, and let us know how the corty goes too. Be interested in seeing it on the streets. If your ever going to do a run through Mackay, let me know so I can have a perv.

Cheers, Owen

PS, who is your engineer in Townsville??
    Hey, Thanks heaps for the pointer on the flares, etc... I've been chasing this up recently Dave Price is my engineer in Townsville, 07 4779 7878. He did a few things for me, most notably, the last Cortina I built with an XR6 engine. He did a great job then and he's got my Lime Green Cortina XR6T project in there now (it'll be Cardinal Red before it gets registered...) if you ever get a chance to go past, looks bizzare to see the Supra engine bay in a Cortina...

Anyway, where was I.... Oh Yeah! I may be building my own flares, I'm pretty sure not a lot of makers of flares would've made them as wide as I need them, I know there's ways around it but I am prudely fussy about the look of such things and how it fits into the whole package. I'm a big fan of the natural lines of classics in general and it annoys me I have to flare it in the first place. I'm very big on function over form, it shits me to tears when I see any car wanked right up on oversized impractical bodykits, reflectors & sundry "Huge Horsepower Inside" badges while sporting those fashionable standard rims and a bog stock underpowered factory engine...

I'm about to start a new thread to record more updates on this RA23 (including a concept photoshop mockup), front and rear of the Celica is mostly cut in, will be sharing my ideas on final mounting and will ask some Q's on best ways to accomplish some stuff... best I do this while I have the time over the next coupla days...

Thanks Guys!

Current Projects: 2JZ-GTE/6speed RA23 and RA28, 1UZ-FZE/6speed RA28, XR6T/6speed TC Cortina - All with Mk3/Mk4 Supra suspension

RA23 vs 2JZ-GTE Part 2 (Now with Pics) - http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?p=126140

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Ill be dealing with Lindsay Stone for my conversion, as he travels to Mackay reasonably regularly and I know a few people who have dealt with him and are very happy with his work/rates.

You seem to be dropping a fair wad of cash into projects, dont want to sponsor another RA23?? haha. Ill try and have a squiz at the cortina next time im up at brownsville, but with buying a house, I dont think Ill be travelling too often.

Cheers, Owen
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

umop apisdn Chief Engine Builder twentyEight's Avatar

Scott, you have a PM...
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Green '77 RA28 Celica - VVTi V8 Goodness...

Junior Member Grease Monkey

update ???

Junior Member Chief Engine Builder wiso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Witzl
    the ACT can do whatever they want!!! It's SOOOOOOOOO not fair!!
    (of course getting it engineered could be hard, if you didnt know the right engineer)
    NO NO you can't. everyone thinks that, You do know NSW rego is looser than ACT rego?

I wasn't even allowed to get a bolt in 1jzgte registered in a MA70....
    89' MR2 AW11... His
    00' MR2 ZZW30... Hers

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic Hash_ra23's Avatar

just found this thread and just wanted to say great work! and thanks alot for the comments on the pics, really helps for me

Junior Member Carport Converter TA-022's Avatar

must .... have .... progress ... pics

feeling ... withdrawl!
    Black Betty >HERE!<

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

nearly done update 3... it's a bit of a novel, just waxing up pics now...

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice Mitch RA28's Avatar

hey, where's this novel

get me all excited. this thing is going to be a beast.

like o man said, don't suppose you want to sponser another classic celica build?

nah, looking really good... what do you do for work? you seem to have more spare change to throw at cars than your average households collective income, lol

good luck on it all

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch RA28
    hey, where's this novel

get me all excited. this thing is going to be a beast.

like o man said, don't suppose you want to sponser another classic celica build?

nah, looking really good... what do you do for work? you seem to have more spare change to throw at cars than your average households collective income, lol

good luck on it all

cheers

Here it is!